Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi..new here  (Read 5944 times)

5hellsbells

Re: Hi..new here
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2021, 12:00:37 PM »

She thinks it.may help my anxiety..🤷‍♀️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2021, 12:32:43 PM »

Give it a go?  How bad is the anxiety?  It floors me  :'(  :-\

5hellsbells

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2021, 12:42:20 PM »

It comes and goes..was horrible this week...but its usually managable..im thinking might be worth a try..but with an eye on going back if it doesnt help..

Sorry to hear yours is bad x

Iris67

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2021, 12:49:03 PM »

Docs know very little about perimenopause....I had worse insomnia peri than post. Was offered anti-anxiety meds but didn't want them, so just pushed through which was incredibly hard. Brisk 2 mile walk per day helped sometimes, others it didn't and I just used the time awake to work!

The essential oil Clary Sage is a natural sedative (so much so there is a 'no alcohol' warning) and if you put it in a bath and some rub in oil it will zonk you out. Again, sometimes that didn't work so you need to try a few things. Progesterone also put me to sleep, but I felt drugged the next day.

Box breathing can help - in 4, hold 4 out 4, hold 4.

It's a really tough phase but it does pass - I am 3 yrs post and sleep is fine now (just my insides are falling out!

5hellsbells

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2021, 12:53:52 PM »

Thank you. Im wary about trying alternative treatment as i take hydroxychloroquine for my RA..have tried lavender..and take camomile tea at night.

The Dr did suggest more excecise..and agreed with me that lockdown prob isnt helpinf matters..

Ill look into your suggestions..thanks x

sheila99

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2021, 02:14:10 PM »

I don't think she's right that you can't be peri. What are your other symptoms and when did they start? You can ask for a referral to a meno clinic. Some do prescribe the pill for those who are young  bit it needs to be one with sufficient oestrogen. 45 is not too young for peri.
If you're certain your symptoms are peri you could develop hot flushes and irregular periods. I was 57 when I saw my doc, many symptoms but not flushes, periods which had always been 6 weeks apart were now 4 weeks - so not meno and hrt not appropriate. Think she regretted saying that, bad temper was a symptom too  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2021, 02:17:33 PM »

;D ............

5hellsbells

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2021, 02:45:30 PM »

I have mild flushes..like the feeling you get when your embarrased..but not full on heatwave over your body/visible flushes...and they can come..then go away for  while...at night i can get sweaty..but not soak the bed sheets bad..just like if its to warm...

Its been over a year now..she thinks im pre peri...so many phases...im starting to feel like a nandos chicken! 🤣

She says the mini pill is basically the 1st step before going for hrt..seems to want to leave that till needed...

Im a bit scrambled with what she said and when..but it all made sense whem she was speaking to me...
Pages: 1 [2]