Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Raw diet for dogs vs kibble  (Read 11906 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Raw diet for dogs vs kibble
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2021, 09:01:32 AM »

Pork is a no-no for lots of reasons.  In theory too, there shouldn't be any wasted after slaughter other than the squeak ;-)

Do dogs bring down pigs in the wild to eat? 

jaypo

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2021, 01:06:39 PM »

Surely you can't be forced to be told what you feed your dog,I mean it's YOUR dog,not his,unless his so called contract is legally binding I'm sure he can't do much  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2021, 03:04:23 PM »

I wouldn't touch the pups with a Barge Pole.   My friend bought a cat and signed a contract to ensure that she had him chopped so that he didn't win against his parents  ::).  Me ......

I don't think that Contracts in the UK are legal unless the breeder/s draw up one with a Solicitor.  I do feel that all breeders should take pups/dogs back at all ages.  Circumstances alter in all walks of Life.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:52:33 PM by CLKD »

C.C.

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2021, 05:22:32 PM »

Surely you can't be forced to be told what you feed your dog,I mean it's YOUR dog,not his,unless his so called contract is legally binding I'm sure he can't do much  >:(

Hi Jaypo...you should have read the text reply I got back from the breeder.  He was almost indignant that I questioned the raw diet and offered to do more research on my own.  He breeds beautiful dogs but I wouldn't be able to deal with his attitude. 

jaypo

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2021, 07:07:49 PM »

Oh me neither C.C,think I'd have to walk away too

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2021, 07:52:32 PM »

I think wild dogs hunt smaller animals first.
So I think they’d definitely kill and eat small pigs and babies.
An adult pig is probably too big, unless it was injured or sick or something, then the dog would stand a better chance of killing it.

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2021, 08:11:26 PM »

:thankyou:

C.C.

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2021, 03:04:21 PM »

l know raisins and chocolate are poisonous but they aren't things I would expect to be poisonous. Rotting placenta (I pick up the ones I can find so these have been buried) and now the pile of sugar beet in the yard for the sheep seem to be irresistible. Is it any pork or only raw? I hadn't heard that though of course humans can get tape worms from pork that hasn't been properly cooked so maybe dogs too.
CC I wonder if he just wants a captive market for his dog food. Would it be enforceable in Canada?

I don't know if he could sue if he found out that you were not feeding the raw diet, even though the contract stipulates it.  I haven't read it.  As Jaypo said, once the dog is sold it's not his anymore.   He would be pissed, that's for sure.

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2021, 04:08:39 PM »

In the UK it is unlikely that a case would reach Court, unless the Contract was drawn up by an independent solicitor.  Our Courts are way behind due to C-19 anyway  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2021, 04:11:12 PM »

I wouldn't give a stuff if he got ticked off or not,I've never heard of such a thing happening in the U.K.,say for instance you moved house? Didn't tell him? How would he know THEN if you were feeding the dog HIS food,it's a ridiculous stipulation & sounds like a huge con to me. Would you consider a golden mix cc?

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2021, 04:13:37 PM »

I would be reporting him to the Local Authority who are concerned about breeding 'behind closed doors' - in England 1 has to register more than 2 breeding bitches with the LA so that they can do a look-C to make sure that the premises is suitable, that the breeder is registered for tax etc..  It don't always happen here though  >:(

C.C.

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2021, 04:52:52 PM »

I wouldn't give a stuff if he got ticked off or not,I've never heard of such a thing happening in the U.K.,say for instance you moved house? Didn't tell him? How would he know THEN if you were feeding the dog HIS food,it's a ridiculous stipulation & sounds like a huge con to me. Would you consider a golden mix cc?

Apparantly he is a very well-respected breeder and is an upstanding member of the Canadian Kennel Club.  He's not out to scam anyone, he does care deeply for his dogs. He is too aggressive with those, at least me anyway, that don't feel a raw diet is necessary.
I would consider a mix, like a Golden Doodle.

CLKD

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2021, 05:19:28 PM »

Well if the Canadian Kennel Club are as good as the one in the UK  :-X  >:(

Means not a lot!  I could go on but that's a meander too far  :D

jaypo

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2021, 08:14:44 PM »

Aww golden doodles are lovely but if anything like here in the U.K.,you'll probably be as much money for one of them as a pure bred.
Like clkd, I can't say I respect the K.C well,not the U.K. one at least

C.C.

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2021, 12:18:20 AM »

NEVER PORK!   Nor shellfish!!! 

What's he trying to do, poison his stock 'cos at the end of the day, that's what it appears 2B: money making with control.  I wouldn't touch his pups with a barge pole ........ not because I wouldn't love one but I couldn't put up with such domineering behaviour.

Let us know what you DD is told, though do be aware that the Vet mayB tied into a Commercial Pet Food Contract ;-).  Not that I would particularly listen to what he/she might suggest, as there are pros and cons to any diet and convenience is probably what people need.

So dd came back from her placement today and said she had asked our vet about the raw diet and that spawned a rant on his part lol.  His main beefs (no pun intended) were that he hasn't read any scientific proof that it's better, dogs tend to get more obese, and it's nutritionally incomplete.  He would not recommend any of his patients be put on a raw diet.  Pretty much what I expected he would say.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6