Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Sure my HRT and vagifem is too low  (Read 950 times)

Sarai

Sure my HRT and vagifem is too low
« on: March 04, 2021, 03:55:56 PM »

I'm quite stuck right now GPs are in hiding and I have lots going on that I need their help with besides my lady bits.
I'm using evorel conti 50 just half a patch for a few years now because once I got past half I got spotting so once they decided they wanted full on surgery just for a hysteroscopy I stuck at half but Im sure its not enough.
I want to increase but don't want spotting and I don't want to change to a pill either as this has been perfect.
My other issue is I'm only allowed vagifem 3 times per week then every 3 months a 2 week stint of every day but its not enough and I only get 21 every 2 months so it never works. But Im getting issues down there and am sure its too try.
I feel like I need a gynae, but sadly in my town ours is an african man and I want a lady, frankly. I could pay for a consult but cant run to getting test private. Anybody know any good ones in west yorkshire

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sure my HRT and vagifem is too low
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 04:30:13 PM »

Hi!  why can't your surgery prescribe 'vagifem' as required?  You have a right to appropriate treatment.  Are you able to change your surgery?  Or speak to the Practice Manager about the lack of menopause consideration and ask her to read the NICE guidelines as well as explaining how ladies often require nightly 'vagifem' with 'ovestin' on the external areas to keep symptoms under control.

Trial and Error can be so tiring!  It's like wading through treacle sometimes.  >:(..

Do read the atrophy thread on here and make notes to tell the Practice Manager.  There is so little understanding about atrophy!

As for the evorel Conti mayB put the name into the search box to see how others manage?  I believe that some do add half or a full patch once/twice a week to help symptoms.

Let us know how you get on. 

candicet

Re: Sure my HRT and vagifem is too low
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 06:22:01 PM »

Hi Sarai

Have a look at this article https://d2931px9t312xa.cloudfront.net/menopausedoctor/files/information/463/Vaginal%20Dryness.pdf
This is on My Menopause Doctor website and it states that you can use Vagifem and other products at the same time as using systemic HRT.

You could perhaps print this out, highlight the relevant bit and show it to your doctor.
My doctors are pretty good, but I still had to go to them with a list of what I wanted and when I was told things that I knew were incorrect I was mentioning Dr Louise Newson and quoting her. They knew that I knew more than them because they have very little menopause training and probably precious little time to catch up on what's new.

I think it's good just to tell them what you know is true and "push back". It's a 2-way street and we pay taxes for the service. You have a right to speak and to choose.