Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New to this, evorol conti questions?? Half patches etc  (Read 1339 times)

neviebelle

New to this, evorol conti questions?? Half patches etc
« on: February 01, 2021, 08:07:44 PM »

Half patches??
« on: Today at 08:05:30 PM »
ReplyQuoteModifyModifyRemoveRemove
Hi , I’m new to this , actually haven’t even used any of my Eve too conti patches, they are still in the box on my dressing table.   I don’t know why but feel apregensuve about trying them 🤯!! My symptoms are age 52 with brain fog, achy muscles, night sweats some nights, sleep disturbance and feel I’ve lost my ‘mojo’ a little, oh and worry about anything ! I’ve heard people say they use half a patch , can anyone give any views. I thought I could try this first and see how I go?? Also, is it true that they can cause weight gain ? Any views on that from people using it would be much appreciated ... thank you
I was given certraline for the night sweats but I’ve stopped them as they interfered with my ‘mojo’ which is a side effect listed on the packet xx

Dierdre

Re: New to this, evorol conti questions?? Half patches etc
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 10:38:10 AM »

Hi, you wont know until you try them, if you start to feel great then you'll be glad you did. If they dont suit then try something else.
I'd put the full patch on to start with and see how you feel, give it chance to work and expect some side effects to start with as its your body getting used to the changes.
If you dont get on at all then stop, its your choice, but give it a go first.

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 04:14:12 PM »

Half patches??
« on: Today at 08:05:30 PM »
ReplyQuoteModifyModifyRemoveRemove
Hi , I’m new to this , actually haven’t even used any of my Eve too conti patches, they are still in the box on my dressing table.   I don’t know why but feel apregensuve about trying them 🤯!! My symptoms are age 52 with brain fog, achy muscles, night sweats some nights, sleep disturbance and feel I’ve lost my ‘mojo’ a little, oh and worry about anything ! I’ve heard people say they use half a patch , can anyone give any views. I thought I could try this first and see how I go?? Also, is it true that they can cause weight gain ? Any views on that from people using it would be much appreciated ... thank you
I was given certraline for the night sweats but I’ve stopped them as they interfered with my ‘mojo’ which is a side effect listed on the packet xx
When I started Evorel Conti, I was advised to use half patches first. The benefits were limited so I later moved to full patches (after about 2 months). Don't worry if you get any bleeding, particularly in the 1st 6 months. It doesn't need investigation until after the 6 month period. Mine actually continued for a full year but has eventually stopped. I have had weight gain. I initially attributed it to lack of exercise caused by lockdown but now I'm  not sure really. I haven't put any more on since first noticing it but can't lose it either.
My symptoms were different to yours so I can't help with that aspect. It did help my VA a lot.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 06:30:52 PM »

I like Katejo started on half patches (though evorel sequi, not conti) and things did improve, but I still had headaches and stomach issues so increased to a full patch after a few months. I swapped over to evorel conti in Februaury last year and things are much improved, but like katejo have experienced intermittent bleeding. I have lost quite a lot of weight since being on HRT so I think it affects people differently, though for me it may be due to stomach issues and being careful about what I eat. I now find it extremely hard to put on weight and can now eat cake and biscuits without having any effect, for now at least.

Good luck. Like you it took me a couple of months before I got the courage to start, but I'm really glad I did.

jaycee

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 03:13:08 PM »

I was on Evoral Coti about a year ago, i did get a few headaches but not too bad, but had terrible diarrhea for a few days and stomach aches, but the main thing i stopped them for was because i had a lot of hair loss, a shame because thet did give ne more energy, but couldn't cope with the hairloss
My daughter tried them too, but she had hairloss, just floating out all over
Sorry, don't let this put you off it doesn't happen to everyone

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 06:52:33 PM »

I was on Evoral Coti about a year ago, i did get a few headaches but not too bad, but had terrible diarrhea for a few days and stomach aches, but the main thing i stopped them for was because i had a lot of hair loss, a shame because thet did give ne more energy, but couldn't cope with the hairloss
My daughter tried them too, but she had hairloss, just floating out all over
Sorry, don't let this put you off it doesn't happen to everyone
  I haven't had any hair loss at all.

TwoCakes

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 10:53:21 PM »

I had similar symptoms to you and started with full patch. I had some minor side effects for about a fortnight but all the meno symptoms stopped in a week. I also lost weight when I went on HRT and I put this down to having more energy to exercise, go out etc. After 3 months I started to cut the patch down by a small amount and when it got to half a patch some symptoms returned so now I use 2/3 of a patch. The great thing about the patches is if it doesn’t suit you just take it off!

neviebelle

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 12:37:53 PM »

Thank you all so much for the responses, it really helps to hear your different experiences.  I am going to give them a go and try on half a patch at first (sorry it s taken a while for my response), I seem to have been busy but not sure what with as all I do is work, housework etc etc  ;D :) oh and some walking. xx
Hope everyone is managing ok under the circumstances we are in, take care.

neviebelle

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 11:56:17 PM »

Hi all I’ve still not started the patches but planning to this month, will update you all xx