Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vomiting-acid reflux or HRT  (Read 2155 times)

Peri-wrecked

Vomiting-acid reflux or HRT
« on: February 28, 2021, 06:37:41 PM »

Hello All,
Just wondering if any of you have experienced this. I recently upped my HRT patch from 75 to 100 and today I changed my patch and shortly after changing it I got an awful fit of gagging and ended up get sick a little. Same thing had happened a few days previously the day after changing my patch up to 100mcg. I do suffer with acid reflux and I am on a tablet for it at the moment. I am into my second box of those tablets so I don't think it is down to them. I remember being on the combined pill years ago and getting awful gagging and reflux then. I m not sure what to do. Is it my body adjusting and do I ride it out or should I switch back to a lower dose? Has this happened to anybody else. I feel nauseous all day and I'm unable to eat as I feel full too.
Thank for reading this. If anyone has shared the same experience I would love to know.
Thanks

sheila99

Re: Vomiting-acid reflux or HRT
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 10:53:39 PM »

No experience of this but perhaps cut a piece off the 100 patch so you don't get the full dose. You could increase it gradually.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 01:04:57 PM »

What tablet for reflux are you on?

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 11:05:34 PM »

Hi,
Thank you Sheila99 for the reply. I was thinking of trying that too. I was on the 75 mcg patch until 2 weeks ago when I changed to 100mcg. 
Hi Jaypo,
I am on Pantoprazole Teva Pharma 20mg...I have been on that about 6 weeks so I wasn't really thinking it was that. I'm so confused.

Thank you both for replying though. 

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 08:25:07 AM »

Did the dr not mention to you that these kind of tablets can have reverse effects? My OH can't take these tablets every day as they make him vomit. Please ask your GP as long term usage can cause nausea and cramps etc xx

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 02:02:10 PM »

Hi Jaypo,
Thank you for your reply. I stopped taking mine today as I think it is them effecting me. Well I hope it is the acid reflux tablets. I've been near vomiting every morning in the last few days so I'm just stopping them and will see if things calm down a bit. Feeling so down over it today. Thank you for replying.
We must keep plodding along. I feel so envious of the women who are flying around looking so great and happy 

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 06:49:11 PM »

Good idea,stop them for a few days and see how you go,let me know how it goes xx

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 08:29:37 PM »

Thank you Jaypo. How does you OH control his acid reflux now? I can't stand the awful tight throat and a I'd coming up the throat. It is so uncomfortable. Thanks for replying.  :)

Anaise

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 08:51:26 AM »

Hi, I've tried most HRT abd have suffered acud reflux, belching and bloating with all of them. It was only when I stopped taking it that the reflux dissipated. I have a reaction to Soya anyway and  I did wonder if this was linked to the HRT.

jaypo

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 09:14:54 AM »

He eats rennies like they're going out of fashion   :-X But the dr said that was ok,not sure myself mind you.
My OH hasn't vomited since he was a kid,so when this happened it was a shock but apparently the dr said because the acid is suppressed,his stomach just couldn't take it and boy was he sick.
If you're still nauseous after a few days then you need to look at something else,menopause is notorious for making us feel nauseous and of course HRT,as Anaise said,it's a process of elimination I'm afraid,good luck

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 04:39:34 PM »

Thank you Anaise and Jaypo. I have stopped taking it now and I haven't gotten sick since. I still have the reflux though.
I have the rennie as well so I'll take that for now. I will question the HRT soon as  I don't feel any different now than before starting it. It's such a struggle to get the right balance.
Thank you all for taking the time to reply back to me. I really appreciate it.

Mogster71

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 04:54:36 PM »

Hi Peri-wrecked

Have you tried Gaviscon or similar? These form a protective barrier over the stomach contents so should help the rise of acid.
Glad you're feeling better, I stopped Omeprazole after a year of taking it as it was making me feel worse and I was still having to take Gaviscon at night!
Take care x