Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Topical oestrogen stopped working  (Read 742 times)

margaret

Topical oestrogen stopped working
« on: February 28, 2021, 12:34:08 PM »

Hi Ladies, I've been on vaginal oestrogen for 5 years and it's been great, but in the past 5 weeks it seems to have stopped working, has this happened to anyone else and is there anything I can do.  My symptoms are  burning right up inside and the feeling I need to have a wee all of the time, it's making me so miserable.  I'm using an Estring and estriol cream   :'(

Joaniepat

Re: Topical oestrogen stopped working
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 01:38:44 PM »

Hmm, burning inside. Get a swab for thrush? Candidiasis can irritate the urethra (it does for me) and makes it feel as though my chronic UTI is flaring.

JP x

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 03:45:54 PM »

Yep, I agree,could be thrush,after a routine swab I was told I had thrush but only symptom was a hot sort of dry feeling.
Can you increase your dosage at all?

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 05:28:22 PM »

Perhaps it's time to do a reload. Use every night for either one or two weeks. Sorry can't remember which.

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 06:39:25 PM »

Hi,

There are many things that can cause burning, such as cytolitic vaginosis , which is too much good bacteria. Get a swob done  ( the micro biologist will need to look straight away - so one that gets sent off in no good), at your local sexual health clinic before you self treat to rule out anything. you can get a same day appointment usually.

Once things have been ruled out then look at trying YES VM to sooth.

Hope you feel better soon.

Pepperminty xx