Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Gurgling stomach & extreme hunger  (Read 7527 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Gurgling stomach & extreme hunger
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2021, 07:55:41 PM »

About 10 years ago, I tried 'angel delight' and 'instant whips' : tasted of chemicals  ;D.  Can't understand why I loved them as a kid. 

How's it been today jaypo?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 09:24:30 AM by CLKD »

jaypo

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2021, 09:20:55 AM »

Haha nooooooo clkd butterscotch angel delight was yummy,I'm surprised I still have all my own teeth tbh  ;D
Been fine,stomach ok, I think what Taz said about reflux could be it,I tried taking omeprazole for 3 days and it seemed to settle after that. Thanks for asking x

Mogster71

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2021, 09:43:43 AM »

I get days like this too Jaypo....where only eating seems to settle or "solve" the gnawing. I took Omeprazole for about a year but eventually weaned myself off it as I was still having to take Gaviscon at night!

Now I am careful like CLKD, if I go too long in between meals I will suffer for it, especially if I drink anything with caffeine in as that would make me nauseous. I agree with CLKD that little and often is the best way to eat. We've been conditioned over the years to go with breakfast lunch and dinner when listening to when your body is hungry can help.

Glad to hear that the omeprazole seems to be settling things, I think it took a few days for my tummy to actually stop "boiling/bubbling" when I started it too. x

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2021, 09:45:04 AM »

DH's gut gurgles all the while  ::) it's like there's a third person on this sofa  ;D. Fortunately not in the night !

jaypo

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2021, 09:53:20 AM »

That's what mine feels like mogster,this gnawing feeling almost painful in a weird way,like my stomach is starved, I don't drink coffee but after tea,yep, I could gurgle for Britain  ;D thanks for sharing,always good to hear it's not just me  :)

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2021, 09:58:49 AM »

It's because the digestive tract is empty ;-) so liquids rattle around on their way down and round and further round  ;D.  Get the picture  8)

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2021, 09:35:45 AM »

Any improvement?

jaypo

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2021, 01:49:39 PM »

Yes,thank you clkd,I've started having more than yogurt and fruit at lunch time and if the gurgling starts I take an omeprazole and it sorts it out,it was the constant hunger that was getting to me,never EVER had that before,as long as it does start in a drs surgery or dentist  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2021, 04:04:44 PM »

Not enough substance at lunch probably allowing for space in which to gurgle  ;)

sheila99

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2021, 04:46:05 PM »

Be thankful you're not a labrador, they feel like that all the time. Apparently most guide dogs for the blind are ones that have the mutation, they're easier to train because they're so food orientated. Seems a bit unethical to me  :(.

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2021, 05:24:45 PM »

It's been found in recent years though.  We always thought that Labs were simply greedy 'dustbins'.  What I find unethical is that they breed ..... what happens to those that don't make the Grade, although the various Charities do pass them on if they are seen to be more inclined to other skills.

Hearing Dogs Charter initially stated that dogs would be taken from rescue centres.  That didn't last long.  Ben Fogle's Dad was instrumental in helping to set that idea up.  Originally 'Deaf Dogs'  ::).  Now 'dogs for good'.

My husband's gut is gurling all the while.  ::) it's like having 3 on the sofa ......

jaypo

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2021, 06:28:22 PM »

That's how my OH trains me Sheila  ;D

sheila99

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2021, 09:20:30 PM »

And I thought you were just a bit deaf when he tells you to Sit  ;D.

jaypo

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2021, 09:08:48 AM »

;D ;D ;D

Smokey

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2021, 04:13:17 PM »

Hi

I’ve been reading with interest about the growling knawing  pain you get  as I also suffer from this but only recently so I’ve googled it it’s the hunger hormone ghrelin certain foods can help fish flax seeds nuts. It really does drive you nuts doesn’t it? I’m constantly eating.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4