Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Gripey stomach ache?? Digestive issues ?? Blood Test?? Omega 3??  (Read 1065 times)

menopausalalways

Gripey stomach ache?? Digestive issues ?? Blood Test?? Omega 3??
« on: February 27, 2021, 06:09:18 PM »

I seem to be getting a gripey style stomach pain generally when I'm sitting, but if I change position it seems to lessen/go away! Its nothing really bad just blasted irritating! I know it can be affected by fluctuating hormones - or lack of 'em - in fact my digestion has been utterly PANTS recently. I keep feeling like I want to have a poo and cant and just wondered if I'm differing from IBS or IBD or whatever its called and am frightened to go anywhere in case I want to go before I get there!!! I long to wake up to find all these symptoms have taken a hike to some dim and distant land !
Has anyone found that their symptoms just seem to lessen or - even better - beggar orf?? I know its hormones as I can pinpoint it to when I started the more horrendous meno symptoms, didn't get them before that?
I am thinking of asking the Dr if I can go on HRT. Can someone tell me if I have to have a blood test before it can be prescribed please? They cant get blood out of me, my veins hide and any previous attempts have resulted in me looking like I've been beaten up!!!!
So I may well be stuffed all round!
Can you get HRT prescribed privately???
I've read Omega 3 helps with these issues - does it???
SO MANY QUESTIONS

HELPPPPPPPPPPP

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Gripey stomach ache?? Digestive issues ?? Blood Test?? Omega 3??
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 08:31:14 PM »

Posture.  If it goes on movement it is unlikely to be anything serious.

Did U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress?  It can focus the mind on i.e. realising that a pain in the morning has gone by lunch time etc.. 

I often have sudden pains which make me go 'ouch' and they are gone.  Or if I've been lifting then I get a bruise-like pain around the belly button. 

Some GPs will do blood tests but it probably isn't necessary.  Decide which symptom you need to ease first?  HRT is available on the NHS.

Joaniepat

Re: Gripey stomach ache?? Digestive issues ?? Blood Test?? Omega 3??
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 08:32:00 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your digestive problems, it sounds dreadful. I'm afraid I can't be much help there, but this is just to say that you do not need a blood test to start HRT, they should go by symptoms. You can, of course, go privately, there are many private menopause clinics. However, try your GP first, if only because you are entitled to NHS treatment.

Best wishes and I do hope you can get things sorted.

JP x