Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Skincare  (Read 758 times)

Mandyk

Skincare
« on: February 25, 2021, 12:15:13 PM »

Hi All

I am peri menopausal and 49 years old

I have very dry skin on my face due to the menopausal situation and age and i am juat looking for advice.
What exfoliating items do you all use and what moisturiser do you use

mandss

Re: Skincare
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 01:40:10 PM »

I use the Liz earle range, it is fantastic for menopausal skin. Every thing is gentle but very effective. x

Wrensong

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 02:23:10 PM »

Wasted so much money trying many unsuitable products during the peri years when skin became much drier, inc Clarins, Liz Earl, Simple, No 7 & many, many more.  Then found Clinique's range for very dry skin suited me & have stayed with it ever since.  Not cheap but don't wear makeup, except for a little subtle lippy now & then, so don't have that expense & the Clinique goes a long way.  I use their Extra Mild Liquid Facial Soap, No 1 clarifying lotion (not the alcohol-free one), a facial sunblock & 3 or 4 different moisturisers, depending on situation.  I don't like thick creams that sit on the skin, so save the heavier lotion for overnight & use lighter formulas by day.  Late 50s & fair skinned.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 03:54:16 PM by Wrensong »

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 04:02:11 PM »

Depends on the budget. Aldi's Lacura range is great and you can use the Miracle Oil on face, body or your hair, plus Lacura Caviar day and night creams.

I used to spend way too much money on fancy Neal's Yard face products, but then realised I could buy a massive pot of their DIY base cream, essential oil and a small pot to mix it in for a fraction of the price. It seems to work just as well, as far as I can tell. If you're mixing it up yourself, you just need to read the instructions for whichever essential oil you choose.