Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Testosterone advice  (Read 1300 times)

Chi chi

Testosterone advice
« on: February 24, 2021, 07:26:26 PM »

Wondering if anyone could help at all?
I used to take testim (8th of a tube daily privately) now my gp has prescribed tostran 2% and I’m to have 1 pump every other day.
I’m trying to work out if that’s a huge dose difference?

sheila99

Re: Testosterone advice
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 08:02:26 PM »

I don't know how it compares but that's what I'm on and it seems OK. I think there's a thread that Hurdity did about this if you do a search.

Sooze

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 09:44:42 PM »

I’m on a much lower dose of Tostran 2%.  A pump every other day was far too much and I’ve settle on a petit pois size blob every day that gives me the beneficial effect but no noticeable adverse effects.

If I tried a higher dose I get a bit tetchy and argumentative, similar when I have too much caffeine.  The right dose keeps my libido on track, energy levels good, confident and a clear head.  I’d start at a low dose and gradually build up to the point where your symptoms are improved, just in case.

HTH,
S

BobbingAlong

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 12:38:31 PM »

I'm on tostran 2 % and started with trying to do a half pump daily. So the equivalent of doing a pump every other day.
However, over a couple of years (experimenting with dose & cutting out completely even) I worked out that it seemed to be a too high a dose of T that was causing a kind of "close to tears" /low emotional state every day. I googled and googled and asked gp. "does testosterone cause some ladies to feel depressed?" but found nothing. Although I think I did find someone on here who felt "less was more" with T and it had made them feel low. But most talk of feeling agitated. Unless my agitated is a bit tearful??! . I wasn't depressed, per say, just close to tears often.... like something sad/upset was welling up from below the surface.

I have now for over 6 months settled on doing what is approx a quarter, maybe even a 5th of a pump each day.

This is a guesstimate.... I tried to pump out a whole pump onto a surface, then tried to pump out what looked like half etc, then a quarter. I tried getting a little syringe from pharmacist to see if I could pump tostran into that and then dispense from the syringe. Didn't work. Too messy!

I now just depress the tostran pump as gently as I can against my upper arm and as little as I can. The minute I see a hint of gel I stop pressing, and then rub in. By eye, it looks like less than 0.25 of a pump.
It probably varies a little each day, but is definitely less than half a pump. I find it is enough to stop the muscle fatigue & post exercise exhaustion I was getting prior to starting T. It's also enough to keep my sexual response working. But the close to tears feeling is not everyday now. It does still show up before my periods though, but that is to be expected (always been that way for me.... and sometimes seems to happen mid cycle these days too ).
I'm 52, and also have 1 pump oestrogel, Mirena coil
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 12:53:03 PM by BobbingAlong »

BobbingAlong

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 12:43:43 PM »

I remember reading an Australian study that says 5mg of testosterone a day is a good dose for hrt for women. So I aimed for that, although was too high for me. But I am perimenopausal, so would need less?
I will try find & link to it in a minute.
That would be one pump every other day of tostran, as one pump delivers 0. 5g of gel containing 10mg testosterone..
Or half pump daily would give u 5mg testosterone daily
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 12:45:48 PM by BobbingAlong »

BobbingAlong

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 12:51:06 PM »

https://www.health.harvard.edu/womens-health/study-identifies-effective-testosterone-dose-for-women

Also, as Sheila99 mentioned, Hurdity did a good thread about testosterone doses if u have a look for that.
HTH

BobbingAlong

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 12:56:51 PM »

Mind you that study only had 7 participants! Does that even constitute a study??!! Or is it more an observation?!

If only we had more data......

Uptick

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 07:49:24 PM »