Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Intrarosa Sucess Stories  (Read 3318 times)

Anaise

Intrarosa Sucess Stories
« on: February 24, 2021, 08:39:02 AM »

Hi, everyone, I've veen put on Intrarosa for VA by my gynecologist. Only on day one so will see how it goes, early days yet. Does anyone have any success stories or positives of using this product? Previously I was on Ovestin cream but unfortunately it was causing mood swings so I had to come off it.. :boobs:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Intrarosa Sucess Stories
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 09:35:36 AM »

Morning.  Is this a new product?  Let us know how you get on.

There is a yellow card system for reporting unexpected effects from medications, so do fill it in regarding 'ovestin' and mood swings.

Postmeno3

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 04:25:24 PM »

Am VERY keen to know about Intrarosa and the benefit of the DHEA. I understand it's got variable licensing and quite difficult to persuade as worth trying so you've already done well. Really interested in the Ovestin reaction, too, as a great many swear by it. Have you adrenal issues that you know of? Feel free to PM me if you prefer!

Anaise

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 04:29:28 PM »

Morning.  Is this a new product?  Let us know how you get on.

There is a yellow card system for reporting unexpected effects from medications, so do fill it in regarding 'ovestin' and mood swings.

No, I don't think its a new product, been around a while..

Anaise

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 04:31:33 PM »

Am VERY keen to know about Intrarosa and the benefit of the DHEA. I understand it's got variable licensing and quite difficult to persuade as worth trying so you've already done well. Really interested in the Ovestin reaction, too, as a great many swear by it. Have you adrenal issues that you know of? Feel free to PM me if you prefer!

Hi, yes severe mood swings with Ovestin, came off it and the mood swings disappeared. What are the symptons of adrenal issues?

Postmeno3

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 04:40:14 PM »

Some people don't recognise adrenal issues as genuine so it's a bit sensitive. Very generally speaking, if there are issues, it's about an imbalance in the autonomic nervous system. The two sides of that are out of synch and can keep you too readily overstimulated and then not able to return to calm and ease. It's the "fight or flight" system. Oestrogen is produced in the adrenal glands so would become depleted if they're working overtime in relation to how demands are managed or not.

Anaise

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 04:52:25 PM »

I just felt angry and miserable whilst on Ovestin so I've been offered this as an alternative. Usually I'm quite sensitive to hormone treatments so unsure if this will be any good for me. But I'll give it a go..

Postmeno3

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 05:46:52 PM »

Good luck. Keep me posted.

Otter15

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 06:19:44 AM »

I’ve been on intrarosa for a year now and have had more success with this than anything else.

Because it’s waxy and you insert it high up, when it melts you also get lower down covered and outside. I now sleep on a towel.

It did take a while to settle down and I was originally told to only use it five days a week but that didn’t work so now I use it daily or six days a week.

Hope you find it as helpful as I have.

Dierdre

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 09:18:46 AM »

Hi, everyone, I've veen put on Intrarosa for VA by my gynecologist. Only on day one so will see how it goes, early days yet. Does anyone have any success stories or positives of using this product? Previously I was on Ovestin cream but unfortunately it was causing mood swings so I had to come off it.. :boobs:

Hi Anaise

I've not used Intrarosa so cant comment, however i was concerned about your reaction to Ovestin and mood swings.  As local estrogen is not suppossd to go systemic this  contradicts all we have been led to believe.  I know it can go systemic in the first few weeks, was this the case or have you been on Ovestin a while? Sorry to go off track but it would be interesting to know please.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 09:24:22 AM by Dierdre »

Postmeno3

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 11:52:25 AM »

Presumably there needs to be sufficient moisture in the first place for Intrarosa to melt? Or is it the waxyness easier broken down?

Otter15

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 03:50:40 PM »

No, I think it’s just because it’s waxy and oily.

Anaise

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2021, 08:44:23 AM »

Hi Anaise

I've not used Intrarosa so cant comment, however i was concerned about your reaction to Ovestin and mood swings.  As local estrogen is not suppossd to go systemic this  contradicts all we have been led to believe.  I know it can go systemic in the first few weeks, was this the case or have you been on Ovestin a while? Sorry to go off track but it would be interesting to know please.

Hi Deirdre, I was on Ovestin for well over a year. I guess I'm very sensitive to anything remotely hormonal. :(

Anaise

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2021, 08:47:18 AM »

Well here's an update, feeling very irritable and generally in a low mood on Intrarosa. Debating whether to continue..

Postmeno3

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2021, 08:58:24 AM »

That's an interesting development. I thought all these topical approaches didn't have systemic effects? Either they resolved what they're intended for, locally, or didn't and something else could be tried? Have I got that wrong?
Pages: [1] 2