Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: light spotting - 4 weeks in to HRT - seeking advice  (Read 735 times)

candicet

light spotting - 4 weeks in to HRT - seeking advice
« on: February 23, 2021, 08:51:37 AM »

Hi All

I'm on Estrogel 2 to 3 pumps a day and utrogestan 100mg vaginally every other day. (Continuous regime).
I'm at least 2.5 years post meno
It will be 4 weeks on Thursday that I started HRT.
I have had some brown spotting this morning. Is this normal?

Thankyou x

candicet

Re: light spotting - 4 weeks in to HRT - seeking advice
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 11:35:10 AM »

Anyone? x

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 11:58:25 AM »

Things can take a while to settle down on HRT. Can be anything between 3 to 6 months. The main thing is how do you feel in yourself.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 02:55:30 PM »

Breakthrough bleeding on conti HRT is a known side effect for the first six months.

Taz  :)

candicet

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 03:11:38 PM »

Thankyou all. Yeah - I'm feeling pretty pants today with a headache but I think it's because I ate a whole bar of low sugar dark chocolate yesterday and it's not great for your gut. I was really bloated and uncomfortable when I went to bed.

Generally on this combo of hrt I don't feel I've found my happy medium yet. Every day seems to be different. Still trying to find my optimum dosage.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 07:33:03 PM »

As Tazz says bleeding during the first 6 months is usually considered normal. I have experienced bleeding with a conti regime and the menopause clinic said not to be concerned.

candicet

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 09:13:00 AM »

As Tazz says bleeding during the first 6 months is usually considered normal. I have experienced bleeding with a conti regime and the menopause clinic said not to be concerned.

Thankyou. This is my second day like this.
I have a headache too, although I usually got headaches that lasted a few days prior to starting the hrt.
I also have a raised resting heart rate for the last few days. I generally feel a bit low.
I'm on 2.5 pumps of Oestrogel per day - i did go up to 3 but I felt like my heart was racing so I dropped it down.
I also had the covid vacc on Friday so it's not easy to know what is causing what at the moment.
Sorry this is a bit all over the place, but 4 weeks in am I expecting too much to feel better?
And how many days should I let the bleeding continue before contacting my gp?