Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estring  (Read 1617 times)

margaret

Estring
« on: February 20, 2021, 04:51:04 PM »

Hi Ladies, I've been using an Estring for nearly 5 years and it has been fabulous for me until about a month ago,  I replaced it and after a week I started to get the stinging and burning inside again and the need to wee all of the time, does anyone have any ideas what might be going on xxx

Postmeno3

Re: Estring
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 06:48:59 PM »

Yeah, I've had an Estring in for years and am reaching the conclusion that it isn't enough as things deteriorate down there, as they will. It has been amazing, easy and helpful re utis etc. However, it's placed very high and I'm realising it might be needing help lower down? I know even Vagifem is recommended not to be inserted too high. Perhaps Ovestin or Estriol cream would support you additionally or Imvaggis. I've decided to push for systemic HRT for a number of reasons or something DHEA supportive like Intrarosa. Work in progress here, but moisturising with YES helps a little meantime. I am also finding Sea Buckthorn help with the vulval area. Maybe something here to help you. Hope so. Good luck! Let us know how you get on.

margaret

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 04:07:37 PM »

Hi, thank you for your reply, I'm using Estriol cream on the outside, I think I was doing so well on my medication and everything was running smoothly it's given me a bit of a shock that the symptoms have returned.  It's the stinging inside on my cervix that's so uncomfortable, I know there are 2 glands on the cervix, so I'm wondering if it's that.  I drink loads of water.  I have an appointment at the doctors tomorrow with the nurse practitioner.  :)

solidgrounds

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 03:35:44 AM »

Interested in your experiences with Estring - something I might try later one but for now, I’ve just switched from Premarin cream to Vagifem.
In doing research, I came across Femring (USA) which I’d never heard of before I don’t know anyone using Femring,either.
I think in the past there was a vaginal high-dose estradiol ring called Menoring in the UK (and variations in some other countries) but it seems it was discontinued (I know this can happen even if something is good! I think there was a nasal spray at one time but it didn’t last long).
Anyway, any feedback about Femring welcomed! Many thanks

Postmeno3

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 06:03:33 AM »

Can't help with Femring, sorry, but wondering how you got on, Margaret?

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 06:56:11 AM »

Solidgrounds, there is a private Vaginal Atrophy Facebook support group, which would be the best place to ask about US products. We have members worldwide, although mostly from the UK and US.

JP x
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 07:42:41 AM by Joaniepat »

solidgrounds

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 04:36:02 PM »

Thanks - I will take a look.

Although Femring is higher dose estradiol so it works systemically? Not many women seem to have experience of using this (apart from reviews I've read online for Femring).

solidgrounds

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 02:38:51 AM »

Oh, I meant to say I did look into that group (the Facebook one) quite some time ago and I couldn’t join (due to my FB account not being purely female). I’m sure it is a great group.