Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Is this habitus hernia? Can't breathe when laying on my sides and back :(  (Read 601 times)

loonarider

Hi everyone,

I've been to the doctors about issues when sleeping on my sides and back. I can't breathe.

Sleeping on my sides feels as though my organs are squashed, it's unnerving and I gasp for breath. Then I'm left lying on my back which now hurts since it's been the only way I sleep nowadays and now it's difficult to breathe that way.

My doc had a feel around and says it's anxiety and maybe Gerd and prescribed me Omeprazole.

I am now taking it so yet to notice anything. I'm also scared I have pancreatic cancer or something else insidious. So scared everyday.

I am now looking to get an ultrasound to put my mind at rest

Ps these symptoms started few years ago when I noticed other symptoms (peri). I am 43.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is this habitus hernia? Can't breathe when laying on my sides and back :(
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 09:43:54 PM »

Doesn't the mind go wild when we get a slight pain, niggle, worry  >:(

Laying down can impact on the internal organs which is why Covid patients are generally Nursed in a slightly upright position. 

If your GP has given you a good going over and you haven't other symptoms, then try the Omeprazole.  What dose have you been prescribed, I take a capsule at night. 

Did your GP do a deep breathing test, did he use a stethoscope on the back, ribs area etc.?  Breathing in and out so that he could listen? 

Do you sing?