Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Raised resting heart rate on Oestrogel - Help/advice needed  (Read 1808 times)

candicet

Raised resting heart rate on Oestrogel - Help/advice needed
« on: February 18, 2021, 10:28:20 AM »

Hiya people

I have a raised resting heart rate - it normally sits at around 50 and is now at 60 even when I'm sleeping.
Last night I felt like my heart was pounding and it has been more pronounced since I put the pumps up to 3 x a day (on advice of my gp because I was feeling mullered on the utrogestan and 2 pumps a day.
I've used 2.5 pumps today so i'm monitoring the situation, but is this common and does it settle?
I'm quite slim and fit, don't drink, have a pretty good diet, a hairy chin and creaky joints - hence i wanted to give HRT a shot.
I've been on Oestrogel/Utro for 3 weeks today.

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Taz2

Re: Raised resting heart rate on Oestrogel - Help/advice needed
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 01:04:01 PM »

Hi candicet. I can't help with why your heart rate is raised but a resting heart rate of 60 is very good so I wouldn't think that this is something to worry about, especially as you ae slim and fit. Heart rate details here from the BHF https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/how-a-healthy-heart-works/your-heart-rate

Taz x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 01:12:35 PM »

My resting heart rate is around 58, i use 4 pumps of Estrogel. When i forget a dose i have an increase in palpitations.

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 01:31:55 PM »

Oestrogel shouldnt cause a raised heart beat, it must be co incidental. If anything a lack of oestrogen will cause palpitations, well it does in my case.

candicet

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 01:52:50 PM »

HI All

Thankyou so much for the reassurance and your experiences.
This does help. I don't feel so worried.

Thankyou.

Shannonplussed

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 01:56:55 PM »

My resting heart rate follows along with my estrogel dosage. For sure. I have two years of observing this in myself. Higher RHR on a higher dose, and when I reduce dose, RHR decreases at the same time.

I get palpitations when my estrogen is changing, rising or falling. When it’s even (high or low), no palpitations.

candicet

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 03:22:25 PM »

My resting heart rate follows along with my estrogel dosage. For sure. I have two years of observing this in myself. Higher RHR on a higher dose, and when I reduce dose, RHR decreases at the same time.

I get palpitations when my estrogen is changing, rising or falling. When it’s even (high or low), no palpitations.

So helpful to know this. It does seem a coincidence and I do feel like it's got nothing to do with my mood. I feel like I've been possessed by something. I'm sitting all day and my heart rate is around 70-90. I had to undo my bra because I felt constricted.

In these mad times, it is very hard to work out what the hell is going on. I mean mad Covid as opposed to being in Menopause.

By the way - did it right itself and adjust or did you have to adjust the dosage?

Thanks so much for replying. I don't know where I'd be without this site.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 03:25:08 PM by candicet »

Shannonplussed

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 04:38:00 PM »

I haven’t corrected it per se. The doctor isn’t concerned at all, so it’s not something to be controlled; it is what it is. Just looks to correlate but 7-10 BPM difference doesn’t matter to in the grand scheme of things, apparently. I personally feel better towards the lower estrogel dose and thus lower RHR.

candicet

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 05:20:52 PM »

I haven’t corrected it per se. The doctor isn’t concerned at all, so it’s not something to be controlled; it is what it is. Just looks to correlate but 7-10 BPM difference doesn’t matter to in the grand scheme of things, apparently. I personally feel better towards the lower estrogel dose and thus lower RHR.

Understood. Thankyou for clarifying that.  :)