Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Early ovulation and new to HRT  (Read 763 times)

jks1969

• First Flush
Early ovulation and new to HRT
« on: February 17, 2021, 08:49:28 PM »

Hi all, I’m on my first ever month of HRT (Evorel 25 + Utrogestan). I’m 51, and having a few perimenopausal symptoms, including early ovulation. This month has been no exception, with me ovulating on Day 8. Should I wait a full week to start my 200mg Utrogestin on Day 15 as in the leaflet, or is there a better way?

More generally, do you think 25 days of 100mg Utrogestan would actually be better for me going forward, given my early ovulation, and therefore likely lower natural levels of progesterone?

sheila99

Re: Early ovulation and new to HRT
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 09:20:39 PM »

If you have a strong cycle of your own in my experience it's better to keep the hrt cycle in step with your own. I start utro a day or two after I ovulate to keep them in step. When they get out of step it can lead to bleeds at unexpected times.
 The manufacturer states 200mg regardless of the oestrogen dose so I can't advise you to take less - though many women do seem to be fine on this particularly with low dose oestrogen. As long as you have proper bleeds it should be OK.

jks1969

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 10:52:22 PM »

Thanks sheila99. I should have added that my cycle is typically 28-31 days, so I don’t know if that has any bearing.

It makes intuitive sense to me to take the Utrogestan in the same way you do.

As for the dose, I’d be happier with 100mg from ovulation (Day 8) to Day 26, but I promise to talk to my GP before doing this.

I might try the 25 day regime next month because my GP has already said I could try either 25dx100g or 12dx200g methods, and the 25dx100g is in some ways closer to my need for extra progesterone from Day 9.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 11:25:18 PM »

Sorry, I misread your post, I thought you were planning to take 12 days x 100mg.
25dx100mg tends to work better in late peri when your own cycle is irregular and less frequent. In early peri you may find it's insufficient to keep your lining thin and you have breakthrough bleeding.