Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Have to wear pantyliner daily  (Read 1175 times)

gillgrant

Have to wear pantyliner daily
« on: February 16, 2021, 09:08:08 PM »

Looking for advice. Having to wear a pantyliner daily for last few months. I have a very light brown staining most days. Stopped hrt in December due to having break through bleeds the two months before. Referred to Gynae and had benign polyp removed. Still having this daily staining on liner. Feels like I have discharge but no discharge. Sorry if tmi 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Have to wear pantyliner daily
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 10:06:52 PM »

Hi! nowt on here is too much info.!  This may well be the result of stopping the HRT - which product had you been using and was it successful over-all?

:welcomemm:  MayB put the name into the search box on the Forum to C what pops up?   Make notes ;-).  Some find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary of use.

gillgrant

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 10:15:43 PM »

I have been on Elleste Duet for 6 years then Femosten for the last year.   I can’t decide if its a vaginal staining or a urine staining   

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 10:17:52 PM »

If it's brown it's probably old blood which is leaking as the hormone levels alter.  Urine should be yellowish.  What happens when you wipe after a wee, what colour on the paper?

gillgrant

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 06:16:34 PM »

Is it normal to leak for this length of time. After a wee some days it does look a little darker on the paper but only slightly.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 06:19:39 PM »

Do you have the start of atrophy?  Are you sore, dry - needing to pass urine more often which can leave a stain.

I would have my normal red period, which would stop for 2 days; then I would have a day of brown discharge ..........

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 09:19:25 AM »

Hi gillgrant

:welcomemm:

If you feel the daily staining could be from your vagina then I would consult your doc again to check that all is OK following your polyp removal or as CLKD says it could be due to vaginal atrophy possibly? You haven;t said how old you re and how long on HRT?

Hurdity x

gillgrant

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 09:51:04 AM »

I will definitely be going back to the drs. I am 55 and have been on hrt for 7 years. I had breakthrough bleeds in October and November. The dr told me to stop hrt straight away. During October is also when the brown staining started

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 09:52:11 AM »

Let us know how you get on?

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 09:53:42 AM »

Did you have your womb lining measured when you had the staining and polpy removed? If all is otherwise well then there is no reason why you cannot continue with HRT if you want to - you are still young! What HRT were you using?

Hurdity x