Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: expected or unexpected bleed after missed dose?  (Read 634 times)

applejack

expected or unexpected bleed after missed dose?
« on: February 15, 2021, 11:27:36 AM »

Hi everyone, not been on here for a while.  Hope you're all doing well.

I'm hoping this is a reassurance thing, tbh, due to me messing up with my dose but...

I'm on a 50 oestrogen patch and 100mg Utro per day with no break. I'm well post menopause now. I forgot to take one dose of utro about 3 weeks ago - this has happened before with no issue. I simply went to the next dose and carried on.  For some reason, brain fog, whatever, I forgot another dose about 4 days later. I usually take it at night, so I took one as soon as I realised, about midday the following day, and then can't remember if I caught up that evening and carried on as normal or if I tried to space it out a bit - either way, you get the picture. I messed up.

As I say, I've missed a dose before and not had any issues, but now I've been bleeding since Friday. I say bleeding, I don't need protection or anything, it just comes off in smears when I go to the loo. But my stomach feels "periody" and it's not really easing off. I hope it's because of the muck up three weeks ago but a) a missed dose has never done this before b) would it trigger something three weeks later?  Seems like a bit of a long gap and c) I only really missed one dose. The second cock up was just taking it at the wrong time, so I wasn't without progestogen for more than 12 hours the second time.

Trying not to panic but obviously I am because, well, one does. I'm hoping someone says "you daft banana" and gives me side eye for being a forgetful fool.

applejack

Re: expected or unexpected bleed after missed dose?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 10:26:11 AM »

Just bumping a little cos the bleeding is still going and now I'm getting quite worried.

I did a little search around the forum and a lot of responses to this type of query suggest that utrogestan shouldn't cause much of a bleed, which has made me more worried because I've been spotting for 5 days now, nearly three weeks since the screwed up doses.

Any reassurance or advice would be so helpful.

Thank

applejack

Re: expected or unexpected bleed after missed dose?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 11:02:03 AM »

Oh wow, completely stopping for a bit?

I will definitely contact my doctor. She recommended this regime in the first place and on the whole I've been really happy on it although since this happened I did wonder if the bleed indicates some kind of lining thickening (in which case a full bleed might help?)

I wouldn't have thought to mention that to her, so thank you! It might be a good idea.

xxx