Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Am I allergic to new FemSeven conti patch?  (Read 1813 times)

Julia Dizzy

Am I allergic to new FemSeven conti patch?
« on: February 15, 2021, 06:47:39 PM »

Hi, I am now on my third FemSeven conti patch today. The red outer ring from the first patch 2 weeks ago is still on my skin, the ring round the 2nd patch is still there from last week too. Not itchy but marks are not fading at all.

They are sticking ok, but I feel jittery, warm and headachy with palpitations -  and wonder if I am allergic to the glue/ or levornogestrel (which I have never had before)?

I was fine on the Estradot 50 patch with no skin reaction at all - and was on Utrogestan with them.

Not sure whether to keep trying but feel weird!! Or should I go back to previous regime?

Who knows with these patches being so hot off the press so to speak whether they are not as good as when last in production???

Uptick

Re: Am I allergic to new FemSeven conti patch?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 08:29:03 PM »

Hi Julia, it sounds like you are allergic to the adhesive, I doubt it's the levonorgestrel causing it. The PIL says to stop it in case of hypersensitivity. Normal local redness is expected to ease in 2-3 days, otherwise you are allergic. Have you used an oily lotion or cream to help removing them? It's not that they're not as good as the old FemSeven, it's just that the adhesive has been changed.

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 01:18:39 PM »

Thank you Uptick, I have taken it off and taken some photos. Will go back to my old regime in a couple of days. Perhaps I need to do the yellow card report?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 08:34:56 PM »

I think that allergic reaction to the adhesive is mentioned in the information leaflet? Hope the rash isn't too uncomfy.

Taz x