Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Everel Conti & Vagifem  (Read 951 times)

Stockport1965

Everel Conti & Vagifem
« on: February 11, 2021, 01:54:37 PM »

Quickie.... do I use both? Just put in a script for Vagifem & they want me to make an appointment as I don't need both apparently, is that correct?? :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Everel Conti & Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 02:00:58 PM »

What rubbish?  Give them a ring and ask why they believe that?  Vagifem is HRT specifically for the vagina.  They read 'HRT' and think that ladies don't require both.  Who did you speak with?

Appt in this day and age  ::).  Ring again ? ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 02:01:34 PM »

Put 'everel conti' in the search box too ;-).   It may tell you how many ladies are using both.

Stockport1965

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 02:04:14 PM »

What rubbish?  Give them a ring and ask why they believe that?  Vagifem is HRT specifically for the vagina.  They read 'HRT' and think that ladies don't require both.  Who did you speak with?

Appt in this day and age  ::).  Ring again ? ;-)

I haven't spoken with anyone yet, I just had a text asking me to ring for an appointment. To be honest, if it's the Advanced practitioner, she is rubbish. She told me ages ago that I can only use Vagifem 2 x week and use oil (she then went on to tell me I can only get it from a sex shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 02:06:51 PM »

:-\  :'( - not much use then!

What's your Plan?  Don't be fobbed off.  If there is aggro, ask for a referral to a menopause clinic ;-).  Or print off the thread of VA from here and send by e-mail  :-X as if I would  :whist:

I do wonder sometimes why those in the surgeries actually get out of bed each day!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 03:02:33 PM »

At a review a couple of years ago i got told by mid thirties female GP that i didn't need Vagifem if i was using Estrogel and she proceeded to say she wouldn't prescribe any more. I now see a male GP who is happy to prescribe whatever i need to help control the VA.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 04:01:22 PM »

Which bit of atrophy don't these medics understand  >:(

shrosphirelass

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 07:52:44 PM »

I have both, prescribed by the menopause clinic. My GP did query whether the pharmacy would query two separate forms of hormone treatment. I put him straight! No more has been said. I guess it depends on your symptoms but I had vagifem for vaginal dryness and evorel conti for other symptoms (headaches, dizziness and stomach issues primarily)

Stockport1965

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 07:55:24 PM »

I have both, prescribed by the menopause clinic. My GP did query whether the pharmacy would query two separate forms of hormone treatment. I put him straight! No more has been said. I guess it depends on your symptoms but I had vagifem for vaginal dryness and evorel conti for other symptoms (headaches, dizziness and stomach issues primarily)
My HRT is for osteoporosis, hopefully I may find my libido again but doubt it ;D

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 09:49:06 PM »

What do you plan to do?

Stockport1965

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 09:52:34 PM »

I have a telephone appointment on Monday :)

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2021, 09:54:52 PM »

MayB make a list so that you don't forget to lay it on thickly to get what you want, if you aren't lucky ask for a referral to a menopause clinic - not a Gynae as they often don't know much about menopause  ::)

Stockport1965

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 06:01:24 PM »

GP was fine about prescribing Vagifem with patches, just wanted to make sure that I knew I had to inform them of any bleeding or spotting. She has also prescribed me some vaginal moisturiser  :)