Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Peri menopause bleeding  (Read 1327 times)

wlr

• First Flush
Peri menopause bleeding
« on: February 15, 2021, 02:43:46 PM »

I think I am approaching meno. I will be 48 next week and have had some shorter and longer cycles in the last many months.
This last month my period started out normal and heavy but lasted almost two weeks then I have been spotting since. I’m now on day 30 of cycle. Anyone else have this?? It has me worried...

sheila99

Re: Peri menopause bleeding
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 05:18:47 PM »

You might have a polyp. I would see your gp if it doesn't settle. Are your smears up to date?

wlr

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 05:37:22 PM »

My smers are current. Not due for another year. I have an appt on Wednesday. It’s just making me so anxious.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 08:00:28 PM »

It's far more likely it's just hormones but I'm sure your gp will send you for checks if she feels it's necessary (and that's just to be on the safe side).

wlr

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 01:46:20 AM »

Thank you!! I appreciate your response... xx

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 07:55:38 AM »

Hi wlr. Good advice from sheila99. It's always good to get things checked out. Try not to be too anxious as the first peri meno symptom in many women is a change to bleeding patterns. Periods become longer or shorter. Further apart or closer together. You can have spotting between periods and the feeling that a period must be imminent but then nothing happens. The thing that must always be investigated though is bleeding after sex as this is not a normal symptom.

Hormone levels begin to fluctuate and our normal cycle is disrupted as the hormones which dictate when bleeding starts and stops are no longer stable. Have a good read of our posts on here and use the search box to narrow down your search.

Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

wlr

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 02:29:31 PM »

Thank you!! I appreciate your input. No spotting after sex and spotting is only when I use the bathroom but I go to the doctor tomorrow. Just crossing my fingers!!!

wlr

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 05:03:42 PM »

Went to my gp today and will have blood work and an ultrasound done. Following this, I am going to have a uterine biopsy. In am trying to remain calm as it can still be perimeno but I am stressing terribly.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 07:58:22 AM »

Hi wlr. Try not to stress as your doctor is just being thorough and it will be good to find out the thickness of your womb lining and whether you have any fibroids or polyps  Did he/she say that you definitely need a biopsy or does this depend on the scan result?

Taz x  :hug:

wlr

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 02:19:22 PM »

Thank you Taz.
My gp wanted the scan and blood first then I go to the gyn. I suppose it will be up to that doc but she did request the biopsy. I quest we will see.  :'(