Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vaginal atrophy  (Read 2419 times)

Lyncola

Re: Vaginal atrophy
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2021, 08:44:01 AM »

I’ve read that up to 70% of ladies will get VA, only 40% will get help.
I got mine treated right from the start, as soon as I had a sore virgina I went running into my doctor. Complaining, took a couple off months to get onto treatment, with constant complaining that just a moisturiser wasn’t working.

Fast forward two years of using just Ovestin, then changing to just Vagifem. And now I’m using both internally and having 90% plus good days.

Plus two years of finding a good moisturiser (Yes VM, Olive and Bee) that helps make my days more comfortable. I started VA at age 44 and I know treatment is for life.

KarineT

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2021, 11:46:19 AM »

The way I now understand it is, whether you're sexually active or not, VA or GSM may or may not occur but I'm slightly worried that I may become a sufferer later on as it seems quite common in menopause or postmenopause.  I am 1 year postmeno and I'm not on HRT.  As for prolapse is it a common problem in older women?  Can all women get it even if they've never given birth naturally?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2021, 12:03:53 PM »

Try not to anticipate symptoms - mine began with repeated urine infection-type symptoms, needing to pee urgently.  That was due to the whole vagina being dry which irritates.  My GP recognised my systems YAH HAY!

Get on with life, ?  half a day at a time ? 

Postmeno3

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2021, 01:55:16 PM »

Yes, I agree with CLKD. Whilst it can be all very confusing and worrying, it's best not to anticipate. I have a friend, late 60s like me, full hysterectomy in her history, who is enjoying amazing full intercourse as part of a new relationship and only on Vagifem twice a week! We can't know what lies ahead for us, so there's little point in dwelling in the unknown. Relax in the knowledge we all understand here.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 02:17:51 PM by Postmeno3 »
Pages: 1 [2]