Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: sudden sweats and bowel movement  (Read 1187 times)

Me

sudden sweats and bowel movement
« on: February 11, 2021, 06:54:05 PM »

Hello all
This is my first time posting so I'll give some details about me first:

I'm just 50 and am still having normal (for me) periods and ovulation although there have been some little changes I've noticed.
Was diagnosed with Inflammatory Arthritis in March last year and take methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine.
For a while now - without fail, every morning -  while still in bed get a sudden and really hot sweating which heralds that I need the loo - BM.  I'm as regular as clockwork and have always gone at the same time every morning but for about 6 months now, on and off I get this weird sweating.
Does anyone else here get this and could it be anything to do with perimenopause?
Thank you in advance!

Postmeno3

Re: sudden sweats and bowel movement
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 07:22:53 PM »

In my case, it's a surge of cortisol. Mornings are when it can get a jolt into the day and so leaps into action in adapting sweats? I'm very post-meno and have M.E. with adrenal fatigue so it's hard to tell what's triggering what. DHEA in the adrenal glands converts hormones "successfully" or not, including oestrogen, so that's all going on. I always thought oestrogen was produced only in the ovaries. Every day a school day! Someone at your stage will be along to, hopefully, make more sense. Can't help with BM thing, though. Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 10:07:35 PM by Postmeno3 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 09:53:54 PM »

Hi.   Sometimes I open my bowels in a rush and feel quite weird after, enough that I need to lay down or sit for a while.  Sudden queasiness, feeling of light headedness ...... lasts about 10 mins..

I have slow transit .......... due to being anorexic since age 3 until the 1990s.  So I've been aware of my bowels for years  :-\.    I used to 'go' every morning B4 8.00 a.m., if not I would worry and feel full like I might 'need to go in a hurry' all day.  Now I have accepted that my bowels have a mind of their own  >:( and will 'go' when they want.  Even if I'm not ready - which is why I have cross word books by the loo.  In an effort to relax. 

I've no answer I'm afraid.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 12:26:42 AM »

Hi Me. I experienced similar sensations during peri. My doctor said she thought it was to do with the vagus nerve which I'd never really found out anything about before. There is info here https://www.verywellhealth.com/ibs-and-the-vasovagal-reflex-1945272#:~:text=Do%20you%20ever%20begin%20sweating,people%2C%20the%20sight%20of%20blood.

When I was experiencing hot sweats before starting HRT I would always feel the urge to open my bowels so I thought it must be to do with the adrenaline surge which came just before the sweat hit? Maybe this is happening to you. My hot sweats started off just in the morning before progressing, over a year or so, to every twenty minutes day and night. The bowel feeling always happened but I didn't have to go to the loo - just felt as if I would have to!

Taz x  :welcomemm: