Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Feeling suicidal please please help any one  (Read 2765 times)

Rhinoslass

Feeling suicidal please please help any one
« on: March 16, 2021, 08:51:14 AM »

Please please help any one. I dont know what's happening to me. I have va so been informed. No periods in 11 yrs so don't No were I stand. Tried kilovance in Dec for 24 days didn't agree with me. So took me of it. And now on 2 vagifem a wk. But its not doing any thing. I am so down and tired from it all. The doc dosnt want to know must of been on phone every wk. Seen a gyno in Jan and he said twice a wk with vagifem and yes vm.please ladies help me

Joaniepat

Re: Feeling suicidal please please help any one
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 09:00:31 AM »

I'm sorry to hear this Rhinolass, it's a horrible condition. Two a week Vagifem is the absolute minimum, so increase the dose, perhaps every other night or even nightly. Also you need an oestrogen cream for the outside, such as Ovestin or the generic Estriol Cream. Also, join the private Vaginal Atrophy Facebook support group for loads of information and advice. Here you can also get advice on how to approach your GP to get the help you need.

JP x
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 09:02:33 AM by Joaniepat »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 09:08:13 AM »

Good advice from Joaniepat - some ladies require 'vagifem' nightly to keep symptoms at ease.

I suggest using one now - then again this evening.  That allows a good 8 hours between.  Then nightly. 

If you are suicidal then contact MIND - they have walk-in centres across the UK and were very helpful when I required support.

Vaginal atrophy is due to low oestrogen levels which may cause the body to become dry: inside and out - nostrils, deep in the ears, skin, vagina, anus, between the toes [me], insteps [me].  A good hand cream helps any skin dryness for me and DH. 

Let us know how you get on!

Jasmine20

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »

I'm  very sorry to hear you're feeling so despairing at the moment. VA is extremely distressing but lots of women here are having theirs treated properly.
Is there a menopause clinic you could ask for a referral to? A lot of gynaecologists aren't great with menopausal health issues.

Aside from the good advice you've already had about localised estrogen, some women do need systemic HRT to get the issue under better control. There are different options for post menopausal women and it may be you'd be better on a patch or Estrogel/Utrogestan or just a different oral HRT. Unfortunately you sometimes have to try a few to find the right one for you.

Does your GP know you're feeling suicidal? Is there another GP you can talk to at the practice so that you don't feel so fobbed off?

Postmeno3

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 10:16:29 AM »

I think when we despair so utterly we can interpret things differently as we haven't the capacity to retain perspective and balance. Of course we don't! Perfectly natural and understandable. It can also be difficult to explain our direct experience to ask specifically for what we need, subsequently. Lots of good advice and support here already. Lots of people got your back. If the same doctor is giving off this same vibe and that feels like fact, not perception, why not ask for a chat with the practice manager and ask if there is a gp with experience or special interest to meet your needs. Be sure always to write down bullet points of what you want help with and why. List symptoms very specifically. Good luck! Let us know how you get on.

lillith112

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 10:46:41 AM »

So sorry you are feeling like this, I had horrific bladder issues caused by VA, I literally couldn't leave the house, and like you had bad thoughts. Vagifem didn't improve anything for me.

Have you ever tried estrogen patches with separate progesterone  ?, my VA literally disapeared within a couple of weeks. I have a theory too, I put them on alternate bum cheeks, this I think delivers the estrogen directly into the blood stream close to your uterus and bladder.  Sounds crazy, but when I came off the patches the VS came straight back. Estraderm MX 75 patches I'm on and utrogestan 12 days a month.

Lillith.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 11:27:15 AM »

I remember despair far too well  :-\.  I couldn't ask the time of day, let alone for any health support.  When very ill I would take a note of how I was feeling and hand to my GP. 

VA can be eased with regular treatment.  Some ladies find that 'yes' and/or 'sylc' products help too.  As will regular pain relief, I take 'nurofen' if symptoms niggle.

pepperminty

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 06:05:39 PM »

Hi Rhinolass,

first of all you are not alone, and second of all there is hope! It can be managed.

have you anyone you can talk too?

Please join Jane lewis Vaginal atrophy FB group as they have lots of useful advice. ( it is private)

You need to probably have an examination by  a vulval dermatologist, to rule out any conditions.
You can safely use both estriol cream ( the weaker one) on the outside to sooth and vagifem every day, along with HRT.

There are loads of options for HRT and you need to give each one at least 3 months.

In the mean time hydromol ointment can be prescribed to wash and moisturise.

See this the link below for information
https://www.menopausedoctor.co.uk/menopause/s1e11-vaginal-dryness-dr-louise-newson-and-jane-lewis

Keep posting as the ladies here are lovely and will support you.

Pepperminty xx

Rhinoslass

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 02:57:54 PM »

Been refused hrt. Because of mental health issues. I really don't know which way to turn xx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2021, 03:56:11 PM »

If you have been refused HRT due to mental health issues, your GP should be referring you to the mental health support team in your area.

Dorothy

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2021, 04:21:16 PM »

Have you tried contacting MIND? They are brilliant - really worth trying them.

https://www.mind.org.uk/

They have helplines and a button to click on (top right of homepage) if you feel you need immediate help.

Please try them.  There is a way through this. 

If you feel suicidal, please contact Samaritans  www.samaritans.org  Their number is 116123. 

Re the VA, did you do an initial 2 weeks of using every day?  That's normal treatment before dropping to twice weekly, so you may not have got enough in the first place. 

Lots of love & hugs xxx

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 04:42:15 PM »

U have been given good advice to regain control by speaking to someone who is able to support you if your GP hasn't provided a mental health team. 

tammiegurl

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2021, 09:02:36 PM »

Change your GP for starters!! Refused due to mental health is crazy!! I have mental health issues and have been given nothing but support from my GP she has never once said to me that I cannot do HRT  because of mental health in fact she has even suggested the HRT will help with my moods etc and is helping me with HRT and Ad's. So sorry you have a GP that is not properly treating or supporting you. Change GP, talk to other women going through the same issue's this forum has been amazing for me its made me feel I'm not alone and I'm not a crazy women!! Xox