Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Which one?  (Read 661 times)

Miss Moneypenny

• First Flush
Which one?
« on: February 09, 2021, 11:56:51 PM »

I really hope someone can help. I've been menopausal for 5+ years without any help and I've had enough now. I had a course of progesterone some years ago (can't remember why tbh) and it made me crazy, I wanted to kill someone. So, I'm really worried. The doc said I have to have progesterone as well as oestrogen because I have a womb. I accept that but am so scared I'll turn back into cruella de vil.
I don't want to go down the alternative route, I want this sorting good and proper. Can anyone suggest what I should ask the doc for?
PS I had terrible PMT when I did have periods. I don't want to go back to that!  :o
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 12:00:22 AM by Miss Moneypenny »

Julia Dizzy

Re: Which one?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 03:15:02 PM »

Miss Moneypenny, I went on HRT at age 63 as sick to death of flushes etc etc etc. I was given Estrogel 2 pumps a day and Utrogestan 100mg orally, (gold standard treatment for post meno apparently) - never felt particularly "wonderful" but it did help the flushes at least.

Got a bit fed up of the gel and so went on Estradot 50 estradiol patches, which you change twice a week and still take the Utro. The Estradot were fine, very small and stuck well.

But I have been waiting for the FemSeven conti patches to come back out to try, as my Meno clinic Dr suggested at my very first visit that they would be the best for me at my age. I am now on my second week of these and so am now completely transdermal, which is supposed to be better for an old fogey like me lol!

You just use one patch a week and it has a different progesterone in it, so will see how it goes.

Hope you get some help and a good GP who listens! (If not, ask to be referred to a Menopause clinic, that's what I did as my GP wouldn't give it to me, but willingly referred me to my local BMI hospital Meno clinic. Dr was brilliant and out me on it straight away, sent letter to GP who then put HRT on repeat prescription. Bit of a faff but got there in the end!)