Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Very sensitive feet  (Read 1862 times)

Flossieteacake

Very sensitive feet
« on: February 08, 2021, 01:00:43 PM »

Hello, I have searched for this but could not find the same case as me. I am perimenopausal. I take destrogel and have been on evorel 25 patches for three weeks. I understand it takes three months to get the benefits. My problem is, the tops of my feet are so sensitive and sore. I cannot get comfortable at night in bed and today I just cannot relax due to the pain. I was wondering if there is anything I could do? Baths do not help. I know this is peri related and nothing else. Right now I am wearing socks and the tops of my feet are throbbing with pain and discomfort. Thank you to anybody who replies.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Very sensitive feet
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 02:27:47 PM »

:-\  :'(

It is the skin or the tendons in the feet to the toes?  ? no swelling  ?

Skin sensitivity may alter with a drop of oestrogen, for me it was intense itching in the insteps ......... but in the evenings.

I wonder if you massage the area gently it if would disperse the sensations and pain?   Could you make a cage over your feet to keep the sheets off your legs?  An freezer basket might do but defrost it first ;-).  Anything that will lift the sheets off.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 04:37:16 PM »

:-\  :'(

It is the skin or the tendons in the feet to the toes?  ? no swelling  ?

Skin sensitivity may alter with a drop of oestrogen, for me it was intense itching in the insteps ......... but in the evenings.

I wonder if you massage the area gently it if would disperse the sensations and pain?   Could you make a cage over your feet to keep the sheets off your legs?  An freezer basket might do but defrost it first ;-).  Anything that will lift the sheets off.
Thank you for your reply. It feels like it is the skin on the very top of the feet. Ha ha, I will be sure to defrost the freezer basket first!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 06:09:56 PM »

Anything that you can find - even a large box to put your feet into as long as it doesn't fold in during the night  :D

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 06:24:22 PM »

How long have you had this pain flossieteacake?

Taz x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 06:53:05 PM »

How long have you had this pain flossieteacake?

Taz x

I have had it for a few months. It seemed to happen with the peri symptoms. Some days it is better then others but today it is quite bad.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 06:53:42 PM »

Anything that you can find - even a large box to put your feet into as long as it doesn't fold in during the night  :D.
Thank you.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 07:29:28 PM »

Let us know how you get on?  It will probably go as fast as it arrived but whilst it's painful, you are aware of it!  MayB try pain relief B4 you go to bed?

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 07:36:42 PM »

To be honest I don't think such specific pain can be just put down to peri symptoms alone. Have you had a consultation with your GP? It could be down to the type of footwear you have or maybe you've been walking more? Have you researched top of the foot pain? It sounds really miserable for you.

Taz x  :hug:

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 08:08:42 PM »

To be honest I don't think such specific pain can be just put down to peri symptoms alone. Have you had a consultation with your GP? It could be down to the type of footwear you have or maybe you've been walking more? Have you researched top of the foot pain? It sounds really miserable for you.

Taz x  :hug:

Thank you for your reply. I have not worn shoes nor been outside for a long time due to being disabled. I did research into foot pain but could only find information relating to walking or exercise. I appreciate your reply.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2021, 08:09:45 PM »

Let us know how you get on?  It will probably go as fast as it arrived but whilst it's painful, you are aware of it!  MayB try pain relief B4 you go to bed?

Thank you for caring. I have been taking pain relief and using glucosamine gel.

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 11:55:23 PM »

Is the skin sensitive to touch i.e. as if it is burnt or bruised? I have something similar when my fibromyalgia flares up.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2021, 09:47:20 AM »

Did U sleep?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2021, 11:14:27 AM »

Is the skin sensitive to touch i.e. as if it is burnt or bruised? I have something similar when my fibromyalgia flares up.

Taz x
It is a bit sensitive but more so with things like duvets or socks. I am sorry you have fibro. My friend has it and it is very difficult to have.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2021, 11:15:01 AM »

Did U sleep?
I did sleep. You are so sweet to ask.  :-*
Pages: [1] 2