Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vitamin D w  (Read 947 times)

Tracey21

• First Flush
Vitamin D w
« on: February 06, 2021, 09:41:15 PM »

Hi, just looking for advice please, I’m currently on Evorel Sequi patches, started in September, they have made such a positive change, but I am experiencing awful joint and muscle pain, especially at night, I’ve had blood tests, and they show no inflammation anywhere, so was wondering if to try vitamin D supplement, but not sure if anymore else has had similar and had positive effects from taking these?
Thank you for any advice

Dierdre

Re: Vitamin D w
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 10:35:00 PM »

I take it through the winter months now and have felt better in general this year. We dont get vit d from the sun during winter in the UK so its recommended anyway. I also used to feel very low in mood by Febuary but not too bad this year even with lockdown!

jks1969

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 10:00:28 AM »

Hi Tracey21

There seems to be a growing consensus that Vitamin D3 is one vitamin supplement that is actually very beneficial for everyone to take if you don’t live in a sunny climate or if you wear a lot of sunscreen (e.g. in make-up). I used to take it in the winter months, but I’m now hearing more advice to take it all year round. In addition, some people think it’s important for COVID-19 protection and to fight other infections.

The recommended dose is 400iu, but that is extremely conservative, and more about preventing someone from getting rickets! In reality, while people take huge doses, it seems that 4000iu is a sensible level. I always take a D3 tablet with Vitamin K2 as well, because the K2 ensures the D3 doesn’t line our arteries with calcium, plus K2 has lots of other benefits and is hard to get through diet alone. From my reading, it seems that 25mcg of Vitamin K2 should be taken for every 1000iu of Vitamin D3, so try to ensure you get a tablet that combines 4000iu Vitamin D3 with 100mcg Vitamin K2 (the MK7 variety of K2 is most recommended).

Tracey21

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 12:37:46 PM »

Hi, thank you so much for the information, I will certainly try those, it’s such a minefield, with so much choice, thank you again, hopefully will start to feel better soon
Tracey x