Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Dosage Oestrogel v Sandrena?  (Read 913 times)

Jules99

• First Flush
Dosage Oestrogel v Sandrena?
« on: March 26, 2022, 10:06:34 AM »

Hi, 
hope you can help me?

I’ve been using Oestrogel for over 2 years now until I went to collect my new prescription only to be told they can get it there’s a manufacturing issue!! 😱 I handed my prescription in a week ago and no one contacted me to tell me this hence I’m rather annoyed as I’ve now ran out!!

So after many phone calls a Dr did ring me saying she had managed to locate some Sandrena at a nearby pharmacy.

My problem is I was using 2.5 pumps of Oestrogel and she’s only prescribed me 1 x 1.0 mg sachet per day!! Is Sandrena stronger than Estrogel? On the bottle of Oestrogel is says one pump is 750 micrograms which I take is 0.75 against 1.0 mg of the Sandrena? I would think I’d need at least  2 x 1.0mg sachets or am I missing something? I’m worried 1 sachet won’t be enough but the guidance says 0.5 -1.5 mg of Sandrena! 🤷🏻‍♀️ Im confussed 🙈

Hope someone can advise?

Thank you Julia ☺️

Dotty

Re: Dosage Oestrogel v Sandrena?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 11:19:43 AM »

Hi it is all very confusing. Dr Newson says that 2 pumps of Oestrogel is equivalent to 1mg Sandrena. However, I agree with you that 2 pumps of Oestrogel is 1.5mg of oestrogen so you need 1.5 sachets of Sandrena, or a 1mg sachet and a 0.5mg sachet x

Uptick

Re: Dosage Oestrogel v Sandrena?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 04:54:11 PM »

Hi Jules99 and Dotty, maybe it's because Sandrena has propylene glycol as penetration enhancer. Oestrogel doesn't have it.