Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Perimenopausal armpits 🤔  (Read 5574 times)

Madlyn73

• First Flush
Perimenopausal armpits 🤔
« on: February 11, 2021, 01:02:11 PM »

Hi All. Ive just found this forum and I'm hoping you might be able to give me some views please. I'm 47 and from last August until about October I bled almost constantly. I then had a couple of short cycles but I've now gone the other way and it's been 52 days since my last bleed. However, what's weird is that around this time last month, my left underarm got painful and i could see a red mark, about 5 pence sized, at the base of my left arm not quite on armpit. Pain was there a couple of days and then it moved to right arm - no red mark this time and more into armpit. After a few days that went too. Now, lo and behold, the left 5 p reappeared yesterday and the right pain is starting today. Have any of you had this?? I'm guessing it's lymph nodes but not sure if i should be concerned. Thanks!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Perimenopausal armpits 🤔
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 01:20:09 PM »

Morning.  Any lymph nodes are usually triggered by underlying infection.  Are U aware of a rise in temperature at all? 

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress. 

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 01:22:23 PM »

I did a quick search, most threads are about groin nodes or those removed during investigations for cancer.  Hormones can cause weird symptoms.

SaraC2773

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 07:17:44 PM »

I frequently used to get the feeling of swollen glands under my arms when I was due a period.  I got it checked out and the GP said it can happen due to the extra water rentention.

I could never feel them as such but just had that painful swollen feeling and used to hurt when I put my arms by my sides.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 07:44:47 PM »

:thankyou: