Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help  (Read 861 times)

Mandyk

Help
« on: February 04, 2021, 10:49:10 PM »

Ladies I need help

I have terrible itching on the outside of my vaginal area its driving me crazy. It bursts into bouts of itching at any time and is particularly bad at night in bed.  I have scratched so bad sometimes that it is bleeding and painful I have been given an estrogen cream by the doc but its not helping
I am 49 and peri menopausal

Taz2

Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 02:43:05 PM »

Good advice from Avalon  I'm sorry to hear you are still suffering. Was full HRT offered to you? I see from previous posts that you are also suffering from night sweats and as your age is only 49 then you are young to be this low in oestrogen. Lots of women need both topical and full HRT to keep vaginal atrophy under control.  Oestrogen is important as, up to the normal menopausal age of 51/52,  it protects both your heart and bones. Would you consider it?

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 03:52:54 PM »

MayB get a cream to use along with the oestrogen?  I find 'ovestin' really helps and when the labia are dry, KY Jelly liberally applied. It's about keeping the area moist to avoid cracking and itching.  'yes' or 'sylc' products can be useful, mayB put the names into the search box here.  Make notes ;-)