Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New to HRT  (Read 823 times)

Moonflower

New to HRT
« on: February 03, 2021, 08:59:03 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm nearly 48 and had my last period at age 45.  I went from perimenopause to menopause in a matter of months aged 45.  I've decided I should get some hormones back in me as I feel like a zombie!  I was on the pill for years until age 44 for my endometriosis.  I stopped as I had a suspected clot.  I had a cyst removed from my right ovary years ago and I think it must have shrivelled up years ago as in the last 3 scans they found it difficult to find it.  Perhaps this made me go into a relatively earlyish menopause having a missing ovary?  I still have my uterus.  I broke my ankle over a year ago and am therefore wondering about my bones.  My symptoms now are vaginal atrophy, ectopics, tiredness, brain fog, sore joints, constant burping, eye twitching and anxiety.  Does anybody have a similar background/symptoms and if so, what is working for you?? 

Hurdity

Re: New to HRT
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 09:06:07 AM »

Hi there Moonflower

It sounds ike you would benefit from taking HRT. After all you went through a relatively early menopause so are without oestrogen to help protect your bones. If you're had endometriosis then you will need to make sure you have sufficient progestogen but as you are still young you could take one of the contraceptive pills where the oestrogen is estradiol - same as our own oestrogen.

There is one called QLAIRA and there are a couple of threads on this at the moment on this board so why not take a look and join the discussion? Another option is a normal continuous combined HRT and these are all listed here:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php

For vaginal atrophy you may also benefit from vaginal oestrogenbut I would sort out the systemic oestrogen first.

If you are worried about your bones especially as you broke your ankle then you could ask your doc to refer you for a DEXA scan to check bone density, in view of your early menopause?

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x