Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Should I up my dose?  (Read 974 times)

Brit66

Should I up my dose?
« on: January 29, 2021, 04:18:01 PM »

Hi everyone, I started on 1mg of Divigel and the Mirena coil last September. I found it worked almost immediately on my symptoms namely; joint aches, low mood, anxiety, hot flashes, exhaustion insomnia. I have never felt this good, and am truly grateful for HRT.
This past couple of week's or so though, I have felt all my symptoms start to return. I know that 1mg is a low dose and my GP said I can adjust it if I need to, so has anyone any experience with this? I would love to know how it worked out for you and whether you started using another half sachet or a full one, etc. I would love to hear of anyone else's experiences and tips please :D :) I am due to go back to my GP at the beginning of March but I can't wait till then to discuss it more with him and with covid, it's hard to get an appointment, thanks all!  :-* :)

racjen

Re: Should I up my dose?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 06:58:22 PM »

Haven't heard of Divigel, it's not one that's come up on this board before as far as I'm aware. But from what you've said I'd say definitely up the dose and see what happens - HRT is like this, it can take an awful lot of tweaking to get exactly the right balance. What've you got to lose?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 06:32:52 PM »

When I first started HRT I started with half a patch, over several months I increased to a whole patch. This was actually suggested by the menopause clinic.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 08:29:08 PM »

Yes, over the last 2/3 years I've had to increase twice as symptoms have returned. It isn't unusual to need more as your ovaries produce less oestrogen.