Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Should I be worried?  (Read 855 times)

thegregs52

Should I be worried?
« on: January 29, 2021, 01:42:27 PM »

I haven't had a period for 2 years and have been on Evorel Conti HRT patches 50mg during this time and recently needed to up the strength as the sweats started again badly so the doctor also gave me Evorel 25mg to use at the same time.  I was still having problems so I was recommended to use Fem7 Conti 50mg instead.  Before using the patch I felt like I was going to have a period with sore swollen boobs, stomach cramping and feeling pretty meh.  Within 3 days of using the patch I started spotting with extremely painful cramps and I am now 5 days in and still spotting but very slightly and the cramping is not as bad.  I contacted the doctor who has referred me to gynecology at the local hospital and said I would be seen within 2 weeks as it is post menopausal bleeding.

Should I be concerned or is it just because of the change in HRT patch?   :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Should I be worried?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 02:20:34 PM »

Have a look see at the products: put the name into the search box to C what pops up.

It is probably due to the change in HRT.

racjen

Re: Should I be worried?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 07:01:52 PM »

I wouldn't be worried - this just demonstrates how powerful the effect of hormones on our bodies is. Introducing a new regime like this can certainly have quite alarming effects, your doctor is just playing it safe because she/he has to. I'm sure it won't find anything concerning x