Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Strange feeling in face  (Read 5989 times)

Jillm

Strange feeling in face
« on: January 26, 2021, 04:20:33 PM »

Hello ladies, I hope you are all well. I have not posted a question for some time as I have just been battling on through.
For a few months on and off, but more regularly now I have been having a strange tight feeling over my scalp and the lower half of face from my nose down on both sides. Kind of feels like the pre hot flush feeling, but only very rarely end up in a flush. This week it’s been really rubbish, with sore boobs, horrible face feeling and buzzing legs, also mild buzzing tongue is back. In my previous posts I explained about my buzzy legs. This has improved greatly to the point I don’t notice it some times. But it’s back😡
My question, does this resonate with anyone, or should I be worried? Also it’s been over 3 years since my last period, is it normal to get aching boobs after all this time?
Did a boob check yesterday and all seemed ok apart from being uncomfortable. Any advice will be greatly appreciated👍
Thanks for reading❤️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Strange feeling in face
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 04:23:23 PM »

Hormones  >:( - my face feels tight occasionally, in fact it's the left side today.  I keep rubbing it  ::).  It never gets worse than it is. 

Ovaries continue niggling for years.  So one can feel symptoms intermittently.

Jillm

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 04:36:11 PM »

Thanks CLKD
It’s a horrible crawly, ****ly feeling, like the skin is tight after too much sun or cold winter wind.
Any strange sensation always sets me off down the MS route and off I go to the dark panic place.
I really thought more than 3 years post meno I would have been past new strange things happening. Hubby and I have been doing a lot of lock down walking and last Saturday did an 11k walk. I am telling myself if there was something really wrong then I would have been done in.
Thanks for your quick reassuring reply❤️

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 04:56:03 PM »

I rarely think about it but do find myself rubbing the area.  As it hasn't got any worse and it isn't every day: a bit like tinnitus, I wonder how long it's been there! B4 I realise  ::)

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 05:00:46 PM »

The bit about the crawly feeling in the lower half of the face reminds me of how  a flare up of rosacea starts for me. However, if it's your scalp as well, perhaps not. Have a search on here for formication, it might throw something up and it is a symptom of menopause.

JP x

Jillm

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 11:19:29 AM »

Thanks Joaniepat. I don’t suffer from rosacea, I suspect it is another nasty menopause symptom. It’s not there all the time and it does feel like the tingly burny feeling that signalled a hot flush for me. The flushes had pretty much gone, but last night I woke up twice flushing. Jumped up to check temperature, didn’t have a fever. Not there just now, but it was earlier. I’ll keep an eye on it, I know if I mention it to GP, they’ll say probably not meno. I had hoped over 3 years post meno the symptoms would start to go, not pop up with a load of new ones😡😢

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 11:44:49 AM »

My sensation relates to the area on the L where I had neuralgia years ago.  My left eye feels strange this morning  ::)

Sleepy123

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 05:05:11 PM »

Since menopause I have a tight feeling around my nose and forehead. Not sure if it’s hormonal or anxiety, but I just have to get on with it.

I sometimes feel like I’m grinning at people, but it’s just because my face hurts!

Jillm

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 12:13:41 PM »

Well an update, the strange face feeling has gone for the time being but replaced with a whole pile of other rubbish.
My digestion had been awful for last few days, terrible trapped wind, really uncomfortable, palpitations all day yesterday(panic sett in)
All over internal fizzing, horrible head bombs, awake all night and buzzing in my bits again.
The aching knees and elbow worse than normal.
What is going on😡 Anyone else recognise this. I need some reassurance, I have been plodding along for some time just getting on with the ongoing stuff, but this has hit me like a sledgehammer🔨

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 12:47:24 PM »

Hormones.  I get the electric head zaps - I'm on medication which is probably the cause.  Enough to make me go 'OH!' then the sensation is gone.

Still strange on the left cheek and eye region.  It doesn't keep me awake. 

Digestion can be related to hormonal upheaval too.  Have you been for a walk which can relieve wind? Also peppermint tea apparently helps.  Eat small amounts often. 

Jillm

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 01:48:34 PM »

Thanks CLKD, yeh went a walk yesterday about 4K, I just felt awful, it did help a bit with the trapped wind, but was in full panic mode with the horrible palpitations. Not had these for over a year I think, so although I was telling myself it is down to hormones, the not so sensible me was not listening.
They are not as bad today and stomach has settled a bit, makes me wonder if digestion fair up and palpitations are linked🤔

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 02:19:55 PM »

Could well be.  Plus anxiety means that we don't breath correctly .  The brain isn't logical when panic sets in, it's fight/flight response. Knowing that doesn't help me  :-\

Jillm

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 06:23:40 PM »

OMG what is wrong with me. I watched the Never Ending Story and could barley keep the tears in. I am not normally weepy and hardly a heart breaker of a watch🤣🤣🤣🤣
Bloody hormones😡😡😡😡

PMDD

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 08:26:25 PM »

YES! I 'buzz' in places too, specifically my right ear and my labia, plus I have lots of tingling down arms, and feet!

I too worry about MS, but just keep plodding on, because sometimes it goes  ???

Jillm

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2021, 06:09:05 PM »

Well I didn’t think it could get worse than Saturday night, but last night I was a wreck. I woke up in a complete state of panic, my description of head bomb is being asleep, waking suddenly with the worst start, eyes wide open,shaking all over and too scared to close my eyes again for fear it will happen again. Guess what it normally does.
I fell into a panic attack, too scared to wake up hubby as he would think I am a loony. I think I fell asleep about 4.30, woke up again about 6, I had told myself if I survived the night I would phone doctors for help.
I woke up hubby and spent next 45 mins in floods of tears convinced there is something terrible wrong with me.
Got through to GP and had a phone consultation, to go for bloods tomorrow, looking for possible thyroid problems. Also to go for ECG for palpitations.
GP didn’t seem to understand my description of head bombs (no big surprise)
Still feel rubbish, internal buzzing, aching boobs, not looking forward to bedtime😢 :'( :'(
Pages: [1] 2