Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: sandrena gel 5mg & utrogestan 100  (Read 1104 times)

KatyMc

• First Flush
sandrena gel 5mg & utrogestan 100
« on: January 27, 2021, 04:36:52 PM »

Hi ladies

I've recently changed from Femiston conti to sandrena 5mg gel & utrogestan. I stopped Femiston in April, started gel in November. Femiston didn't agree with me. Anyway, since November i've been having hot flashes like never before, and while they are a little less now, i still get times when I have a few a day and at night. My joints ache and my libido is gone. One of the most challenging symptoms has returned and that is tight chestedness. It co-incided with my cycle before HRT & GP ruled out a whole manner of things, before asthma suggestion & inhaler. It has returned the last few weeks; i feel sure it's hormone related.

Do i need to wait a bit longer for current prescription to be effective or is it reasonable to talk to my (very helpful) GP and increase the dose.

Many thanks in advance.

Katy

JW2405

• First Flush
Re: sandrena gel 5mg & utrogestan 100
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 10:23:04 PM »

Hi, I'm also using sandrena gel and was prescribed 1 x 1mg  sachet a day which didn't really do anything so I upped the dose myself to 1.5 which has worked really well. My hot flushes stopped almost straight away on the higher dose so I stuck with it. When I reduced back down to one sachet the flushes returned. I think that's the beauty of having the gel, you can adjust the dose. I did call my doctor and let them know that I had increased the dose. Nobody called me back...

KatyMc

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 10:15:16 AM »

Thank you both for your replies.

Flan747

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 07:05:23 PM »

I am currently on 3mg Sandrena reduced from 4mg! I too get that right chest feeling and achy joints! Just can’t seem to get the balance right! Have been thinking of reducing right down to see if that works