Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 67 years, could I be pregnant!!!  (Read 1229 times)

Nikita

67 years, could I be pregnant!!!
« on: January 25, 2021, 03:04:57 AM »

Need answers ladies, been post menopausal for over 10 years. Had sex on the 29/10/2020. Seeing as Ive never bled or spotted since menopause and know that I don’t ovulate my lover and I didn’t use a condom and now for some reason 2 months later my stomach looks slightly swollen. (Sigh) so I immediately bought 3 hpts 1 digital said negative, the other 2 had very faint lines.  4 days later I bought 3 other tests, all three were neg. panickingly I bought 3 more tests as my belly was still distended and to my surprise 2 digitalis said pregnant 1wk and had a faint line on the other. My anxiety shot out the roof!! At this stage I wanted to go to the go but I googled a lot and got me buying 3 last tests. 1 digital same as the previous once said negative, and the other two only showed one line (confused!). So I did an online beta hcg test with a drs report which came back not pregnant: with a hcg level of 0.2 and progesterone level of 0.4 ( which are both within a normal post menopausal level). So I’m sort of in a dilemma with worry anxiety etc. I honestly don’t know what to do.  Surely the chances of being pregnant at my age are practically 0% as of Google’s advice. But I’m just worried!

I should also mention, when I did the Home pregnancy test (HPT) I was diagnosed with severe UTI (labs showed +ve WBC’s and +10 bloods and some protein in my urine, also my urine had a horrible fishy smell, sorry for the details ladies I’m desperate and normally very clean). I’m also on 2 long term anti depressants and an antipsychotic medication. I’ve got a normal bmi, eat healthy, never smoked only drink on special occasions and exercise. Any feedback would be cherished darlings ❤️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 67 years, could I be pregnant!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 10:16:30 AM »

Morning!  When was your last monthly period?

If U can remember back as far as that ;-).  Sometimes the ovaries continue to work a little bit which can skew tests.  How distended are you, have you put a tape measure around?  When I lay in bed or stand up my belly is flat, when I sit it's pudgy.  Due to lack of muscles/elasticity.

A fishy smell could be vaginal bacteria, has a long name .......... someone will be along I expect to tell us!  The smell is chacteristic and can be diagnosed by a swab - mayB ring your Practice for a chat with a Nurse?  White blood cells and protein are normal in urine samples. 

Do browse round once you've spoken to the Surgery.   :welcomemm:  Do read the threads about 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy'.  Make notes ;-)

Sage 🍃

Re: 67 years, could I be pregnant!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 10:58:28 AM »

Hi sweetie, don't worry! You're not pregnant!

'In very rare cases, you can have a false-positive result. This means you're not pregnant but the test says you are. You could have a false-positive result if you have blood or protein in your pee. Certain drugs, such as tranquilizers, anticonvulsants, hypnotics, and fertility drugs, could cause false-positive results.'

https://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-tests

Although they say it's 'very rare' they're referring to false-positive tests results and yours are negative or borderline.

Bloating is probably a sign that the UTI infection might have reached your bladder, womb, tubes, or even ovaries and kidneys, so get a treatment ASAP!

Fingers crossed for you  :-*