Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Increase in breast discomfort with Evorel Sequi  (Read 2700 times)

KaraShannon

Increase in breast discomfort with Evorel Sequi
« on: January 20, 2021, 12:37:19 PM »

Hi Everyone

Has anyone had any increase in breast discomfort, fibrocystic issues, with peri menopause, menopause, or use of HRT?

I've been on Evorel Sequi for about a year and generally feel a lot better on it.  I started using vagifem half way through last year.  In the last couple of months I've noticed I sometimes get really noticeable breast discomfort.  It's on one side but it's a problem I've had for years and it's been checked, though I will go for further checks.  It's just been a bit more noticeable.  It tends to go away once my period arrives and when I am on the coombined patch, though this month it hasn't started to ease off yet.  I've two more combined patches to go so there's time. 

I'm wondering if the vagifem oestrogen is a bit much, as I didn't notice it when on the Evorel Sequi alone.  I also feel really active on the combined patch but do get the feeling my body is not that happy with the oestrogen patches in the first half of the cycle.

Vagifem isn't really helping with what I think is a mild prolapse issue either, so wondering whether to cut it out, although, I know some won't understand this, I seem to sleep really well when I've used it.  I do think it gets into the system somewhat.

Anyway, any thoughts on this would be appreciated.  It's hard to talk to the doctor that prescribed all this at the moment.

Thanks  :-)

KaraShannon

Re: Increase in breast discomfort with Evorel Sequi
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 03:49:03 PM »

Anyone? 

Just tell me about any breast discomfort, make me feel better lol   ;D

Uptick

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 04:02:00 PM »

Hi KaraShannon, YES! I've always had fibrocystic breasts, left breast is much worse than right one and I always had discomfort under left armpit. This has flared up really badly in perimenopause, I had very high levels of oestrogen confirmed by blood tests. After menopause I had the odd pains and discomfort now and then, and I thought they would gradually vanish, but right now I have breast pain and nipple sensitivity and I'm 4 years postmenopause, no HRT. It's definitely hormonal but I wouldn't discard any other possible causes that could also contribute to this issue like fluid retention, weight gain, tight bras, bad posture, soya and other phytoestrogens intake.

I can't be of much help regarding your HRT regime but I'd say Vagifem wouldn't make much difference if you're on Evorel Sequi, unless you haven't done the initial 2 weeks load of daily Vagifem to avoid high systemic absorption. Some women seem to be very sensitive though and can have migraines on Vagifem.

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 11:02:53 PM »

Thanks Uptick

I did wonder if I was having periods of high oestrogen.  I've also bought some new bras in the last few months and because one breast is slightly larger, I've noticed it's a bit tighter, but i didn't think it was enough to be concerned about and isn't uncomfortable.  But maybe I should put one of my old fabricy / sport type bras on for a few days and see if things improve.  They've got old and loose but might be worth seeing if symptoms improve if I wear them for a few days.  I too have discomfort in the armpit, I've had it for ten years, but it seems a bit more pronounced.  It was checked in the past, I will get it checked again.  It comes and goes with my cycle.

Uptick

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 02:03:29 PM »

Hi KaraShannon, how are you doing? I can only wear cotton, otherwise my skin can't breathe. I think I had a mini oestrogen or testosterone (not sure it can affect breasts?) surge, my libido has made an appearance, sort of 'hello, goodbye' though. I'm 4 years postmenopause, I wonder if this is from ovaries or adrenals...

KaraShannon

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 01:53:45 PM »

Hi KaraShannon, how are you doing? I can only wear cotton, otherwise my skin can't breathe. I think I had a mini oestrogen or testosterone (not sure it can affect breasts?) surge, my libido has made an appearance, sort of 'hello, goodbye' though. I'm 4 years postmenopause, I wonder if this is from ovaries or adrenals...

Hi Uptick

well I was really worried about my right breast in particular because I've had an op there in the past for a benign mass, although they told me not to worry and said I will have different sensations there.  But there was a hard fullness in the armpit, yes I know that's not a good place, but it was also just an extension of what's always there and been there for years.  It was just so obvious as far as me being aware of it.  Just as I was getting very worried, my period started and it all disappeared.

I'm now at that part of the cycle again but it hasn't happened this time, so I think there are surges still, of what I don't know, but I think perhaps my own body was involved last time instead of just the HRT, so there was a bigger effect. 

I know I took some iodised salt and seaweed, maybe I should continue with that, not too much but apparently iodine is good for fibrocystic breasts.  Things are good for the moment though.

dahliagirl

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 02:46:17 PM »

I have had a continuing problem with one breast.  It is the one that I had mastitis on years ago and blocked ducts - there is a duct behind against the chest wall that is a particular problem.

It all started up again after my first mammo where I was over-crushed (it was painful and felt bruised for a couple of days after on both sides) and came back each month after for about 9 months.  I looked up breast conditions and there are things where the ducts get drier and a bit bunged up that can lead to mastitis (ecstasia) which it did feel similar to, so I took ibuprofen and wore my favourite breast shaped bra and it went.

However, it did come back with hrt and I was recalled to the breast clinic after the second mammogram.  I had loads of mammos and ultrasound and they could find nothing wrong.  The doctor there showed great suprise that I still had cycles at 51  ::) so I was not very encouraged by him.  But at least it was not something to worry about.

As time went on, and also clear mammograms which seem to be the only answer for doctors,  it got more annoying and I was getting itchy problems so I tried canesten, which has helped, massage, which helped a bit too, have bought several expensive bras to replace my old favourite which fell apart (I cannot wear balconette styles or the soft cup ones which crush me into a monoboob or lacy ones).

I changed from sequential femoston 2/10 to continuous femoston conti 1/5 which is only 1 mg of estrogen.  It has made it harder to control my bladder and vaginal symptoms as I find vagifem (and the substitute they give me now) is not so good and I need to remember to use extra.  The breast symptoms have gone completely though.  It always seems to be a case of balancing good effects against bad effects - nothing is perfect.