Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Woke up from a good sleep. HELP  (Read 1017 times)

FitnessPleese

Woke up from a good sleep. HELP
« on: January 19, 2021, 02:35:09 AM »

Hi. It is after 9 pm here. Was sleeping for about an hour. I got woke up and not sure if it was an anxious state, or a shock like sensation. I felt a little pain behind my right knee cap area and then shaky. I was standing up and just very frightened as to what is happening to me!! Blood pressure is up a bit too. Why is this happening AND ALSO, it seems right around this time of night.. Am I crazy???Please help me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Woke up from a good sleep. HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 09:48:25 AM »

I mentioned in your other thread, cortisol - the waking hormone.  Also if one gets hot whilst sleeping, the body can waken suddenly or if I'm dreaming, I wake feeling quite ill. 

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 11:48:23 AM »

I agree with clkd, I get adrenaline rushes in my sleep and they used to wake me with such anxiety but now I know what it is,I'm kind of used to them,it's all a learning curve and finding out what all these weird sensations are

Postmeno3

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 01:00:32 PM »

I can get a waking sweat which I've always considered to be cortisol related. I've had medical saliva testing which has proved this to be the issue as my cortisol readings are always the opposite of what they're supposed to be. So, I'm not activated for the day on waking, but firing on all cylinders relatively speaking mid/late afternoon, the "slump" time for most. Gradually, we can learn to read our situations creatively rather than reactively and that can feel as if much more in control.

FitnessPleese

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 05:54:19 PM »

SOOOO WELL SAID. I am trying to treat the symptoms. I have never been an anxious person. Went to dentist today and wow. I had four wisdom teeth pulled over the summer AWAKE and did not feel like this!! I guess I am a mess with all the hormonal imbalances and the changes and the body is not adapting. I was frantic. I was thinking some other illness. WOW. Ladies, thank you.

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 07:34:29 PM »

Glad we could help,always ask if there's something you're not sure about,9/10 some ladies will have experienced the same  :)

Iris67

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 07:39:38 PM »

Thanks FitnessPlease and thanks to everyone else - I have been suffering alone despite joining the forums but I'm here to stay now! I have been terrified for years now about all this. And sooo many other symptoms.