Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Sore breasts, peri woes ... meh!  (Read 715 times)

pricey

Sore breasts, peri woes ... meh!
« on: January 19, 2021, 07:38:02 AM »

Hi ladies,

Feel dreadful posting another query but trying to gather my thoughts ahead of telephone consultation with GP in a couple of days.  To cut a long story short,  I'm 56, still peri, stopped HRT in August to try and see where I was as I was all over the place hormonally. 12 weeks of heavy bleeding followed. Scan showed what GP is sure is a polyp over my cervix.  Referred non urgently for hysteroscopy,  this is in 3 weeks now (14 week wait). I've had 3 periods on time since the long bleed. Some spotting in between, but that is also very often cyclical.  Had Covid the last couple of weeks and been very low and anxious.  I feel like the polyp may have prolapsed with coughing (was on my period during the illness). Now just light bleeding and spotting. My breasts have been really sore for a couple of weeks now. When I was scanned during a heavy withdrawal bleed from norethisterone the sonographer couldn't see my ovaries. She said she would be happier seeing them but likely no concerns if so small.  My query is if I'm still peri, would they be that small? The GP didn't want me to resume HRT until I'd been seen and possibly fitted with a mirena (which I've not wanted thus far). I'm not sure she thought I may have a 3 month wait.  I just feel anxious and abandoned.  Any advice?

X

Salad

Re: Sore breasts, peri woes ... meh!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 08:57:46 PM »

Hi pricey

Didn’t want to read and run  :)

No real experience to help with your queries, but it does sound like you are being well looked after.
Hopefully someone else will come along and offer some good advice.