Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: No bleed on Utrogestan 100 (25days) and Evorel 50 + another question!!!!  (Read 1091 times)

Gerryjimbo22

• First Flush

Hello everyone,
I just have a question about the HRT regime that I am taking and was wondering if anybody has any advice? 

I have been taking the utrogestan 100 (25 days on and 3 days off) with my Evorel 50 patch for 21 months now.  I was told that I was going into menopause when I was 46 (very high FSH reading) but didn't start taking HRT until I was 48 years old and I am now just a few months off 50.   When I started taking it I was suffering from sleepless nights, repeated urinary infections, pronounced mood swings, low self esteem and memory disfunction, it had all become quite unbearable.  Within 3 months of taking HRT I felt like a new person and still feel great on it, however I always seem to worry about the risks of taking it!  My first question is; I had a regular monthly bleed since I started the HRT but since 6 months ago, when I had a very light bleed at day 23 of the 'cycle, I haven't had any bleed at all, does this normally happen?  My second question is; I always said that I would take HRT for 2 years and then stop (shortest time and lowest dose) that time will be up in 3 months, but with the Covid situation and with the time that I have to spend caring for my elderly parents (my Dad has recently developed mild cognitive impairment) who live nearby, I'm not sure how well I would cope without it; What are other people's thoughts on coming off HRT?  Sorry for the long winded question!  My GP knows nothing about HRT and I have to do a lot of the research myself.

Dotty

Re: No bleed on Utrogestan 100 (25days) and Evorel 50 + another question!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 10:11:12 AM »

Hi the up to date guidance for taking HRT is that you can take it for as long as you need it. There is no time limit.

The regime of utrogestan that you are taking is for post menopausal ladies and it is likely that the lack of bleeding is probably due to the fact that you are now post menopause.

If you are happy on the HRT then why change anything ? I certainly won’t be stopping mine 😀. X

Gerryjimbo22

• First Flush
Re: No bleed on Utrogestan 100 (25days) and Evorel 50 + another question!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 04:16:40 PM »

Hello Dotty

Sorry I didn't get back to you.  Life has been a bit hectic for the past week.  I just wanted to say thank you so much for your reply.  I don't think I could come off HRT right now as I feel as though I would fall apart if I did!  Like I said, I do feel really well on this combination - I just feel a bit confused about where my period has gone and was worried about my womb lining building up with no periods whilst I'm using the estrogen patch.  Maybe once lockdown has finished I'll book myself in for a private scan just for my own peace of mind.  Thanks again x