Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Period pains but no period.  (Read 4767 times)

Lalb1

Period pains but no period.
« on: February 08, 2021, 07:51:57 PM »

A couple of weeks ago I was asking in here about some symptoms I was sure were VA or a water infection. I had alsorts done at the doctors. Internal, swabs, water sample dipped and sent off and every blood test possible. All bloods clear.
All that came back was a bout of thrush. Have had the canesten pessary and cream which I don't know if it's worked! The pessary rook forever to dissolve!!.
Anyway now I'm still getting the cramp like pains I'd had back then. It feels like I'm due an horrendous period and the cramps are yucky. The pain is the ovary aches, back ache and bloaty wind.

I've also had the same type of headaches, eye ache, wind, nausea, sense of smell and heartburn I'd have before a period.
I last had a period (well 2) in December. Last 1 was Xmas day, haven't had anyrhing since. So 6 weeks and the cramps are horrible. Has anyone else had this? Docs think it's due to hormone fluctuations and due to the period not showing up yet.
Just wish I could ease these cramps.

Lalb1

Re: Period pains but no period.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 06:52:29 AM »

Please? Has anyone experienced these types of pains, like a period cramp but no period? Is this common during peri? I'm slightly concerned and anxious as it's doesn't seem to be easing.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 07:30:06 AM »

Yes I used to get this during peri. It was as if my body needed a period but try as it might it couldn't get going. It may be that there isnt enough womb lining to shed. I think this is typical of peri. Nurofen should help and/or a hot water bottle if possible. Is it all of the time or does it come and go?

I hope you feel better soon.

Taz x

RebJT

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 08:14:29 AM »

Yes I get this, but I have the opposite trouble, short cycles, so I start getting dragging period pain and a bloated abdomen at day 14, I'm currently up to day 20 and clinging on hoping I don't bleed.

I was so worried I paid for a private transvaginal scan to put my mind at rest, all they found was a thicker endometrium at day 17 (10mm), which she said was indicative of an imminent period, but I had no cysts, polyps or anything else to worry about.  btw scan was £90, and because I can drive, I just took the next day appointment and drove an hour to the clinic offering it (I'm midlands) - they have several clinics offering various days of the week.

My issue is I think too much estrogen relative to progesterone, hence the short cycles.

Lalb1

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 04:32:19 PM »

Thankyou for the replies Taz2 and RebJT.
The pains seem to be there quite a lot, have had a couple of days where they haven't been as prolonged or as crampy.
It honestly feels like a period is due any second, just nothing happening.
I've been taking Ibuprofen when the pain is bad.
I'm still getting the feeling I need to wee more too which was a part of the initial inset of all this.
By night time my tummy aches more and I'm bloated a bit. Have always had bloating around my periods more.
I had had a few months with shorter cycles last year, I had cycles where I'd go 20 days then get a period, then 24, then 22,then back to 28,29 ish.
I've not had anyrhing now since Xmas day. I'm on day 47 of a cycle. 🤷‍♀️
When you had the issue and paid for scans RebJT did you end up having anyrhing to help? I'm not on any HRT or bcp.
Just want this horrible period like feeling to go away.

RebJT

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 04:40:08 PM »

Hi

I'm trying to sort that out now as I have histamine intolerance, brought on by the excess estrogen, and I've been very seriously iron deficient due to all the blood loss, but can't seem to get on with progesterone (hard to say with so many whacky symptoms going on).

I did start with Studd on his estrogel utrogestan routine and my histamine went beserk (that was following a D&C for polyps which seems to have made bleeding worse not better), now I'm under Nick Panay's clinic and take mast cell stabilisers and anti histamines, and had been cautiously adding back estrogel and utro, but then my iron crashed, so sorry I'm probably a bit of a complicated case!

Should add that I've been 28 days on the nose until the short cycles started in December and now I'm about to have period 4 in two months, it's really doing me in!  But the bloating and very distended stomach, pains and vibrating, jittery feeling before my period (for second half of cycle) has been going on for years, it's maddening.

Are you under a gynae?  A good one is worth their weight in gold.

Reb
x

Lalb1

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 05:30:19 PM »

RebJT
No I'm not under anyone at present. I had swabs, bloods and an internal done at my GPs and all that came back was thrush. Took the pessary and cream but don't know if that's still an issue. 🤷‍♀️
Just feel rubbish constantly. I can't go on any HRT at the moment due to having issues with them causing high BP, migraines and partial sight loss back in October. Docs are reluctant to try me on any meds till eyes clearer. 😒
The horrible bloating and cramps I could put up with if I knew a period was happening.