Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Tiredness as a Tibolone side effect  (Read 2636 times)

Babspiglet

Tiredness as a Tibolone side effect
« on: January 13, 2021, 02:31:57 PM »

Hello ladies,

I was just wondering if there are any of you currently just starting out on Tibolone? I’m about 6 weeks in and have noticed I have some increased energy, especially when out walking, and the palpitations I had been experiencing have diminished somewhat. I still feel a kind of ‘dragging’ tiredness day to day however. Has anyone else experienced this-and did it improve?

I am encouraged by the results so far and am determined to complete the 3 month trial.  I was recommended it to alleviate tiredness (through the testosterone action) so I’m always monitoring how I feel each day-trying to determine cause and effect.  If anyone experienced tiredness on Tibolone but powered through it and came out winning that would be really great to hear! x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tiredness as a Tibolone side effect
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 02:58:59 PM »

I'm tired anyway, due to busy dreams and AD medication.

Have you put the product name into the search box to see what pops up?

Babspiglet

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 03:19:24 PM »

Yes, thanks CLKD. I did do an extensive trawl recently but couldn’t find much on that specific issue hence my raising it here in case there are any current members experiencing something similar.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 04:25:46 PM »

:great:

I remember Mum had crashing fatigue as she aged. 

suzysunday

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 07:54:53 PM »

I took tibolone about 3 years ago and it made me feel very tired and achy.  It was definitely the tibolone and not general age stuff.  I was 60 at the time.   I came off it for other rest after 18 months.   

Babspiglet

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 08:16:31 PM »

Thanks SuzySunday, I’ll give it to the end of February and have a rethink if necessary. Every regime I try seems to leave me too drowsy somehow! x

Joesmum

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 09:54:12 AM »

Tibolone does not give very high Estrogen levels.
I tried it but my gynae just said he never has success with it and it’s rarely prescribed.
The inadequate Estrogen levels are probably the reason for your fatigue.
I lasted 2 weeks on it. It was hopeless.

Babspiglet

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 11:01:47 AM »

Thanks, that’s very useful. I’ll see out the trial period anyway. It’s frustrating as I thought the testosterone would’ve been the key component for me. I suspect I’ll have to switch to something with higher oestrogen with maybe testosterone gel added. x

suzysunday

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 12:12:06 PM »

Although it made me tired it was good for libido and hot flushes.  After 18 months it caused bleeding from womb lining thickening .  I stopped it straight away and was ok.  Now I just use local get ovestin.

Babspiglet

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 12:31:55 PM »

Thanks again. I’m very fortunate in that I’ve never really suffered from hot flushes. I just wanted something for energy really. I’ve just applied one of my left over Evorel 25 patches as well to see if that tips the balance a bit in my favour. All trial and error!

Babspiglet

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 02:43:19 PM »

Just reaching out here:

The jury’s still out on Tibolone and I previously tried Evorel 25 and Utrogestan 100 on a conti regime (for 2 months) but felt too drowsy on the Utro. I used it vaginally alternative nights but seem sensitive to meds overall.

Any recommendations for a conti regime where the progesterone is better tolerated? I’m not concerned if it’s synthetic or body-identical especially. I’d rather not try a sequi regime as do not want a bleed.

I think Femostan might contain a prog which is better tolerated all round? Feel a bit despondent as just feel so lethargic all the time. Have had all the tests done and all my vitamin levels etc are fine.

My palpitations have got better with Tibolone and have better energy, conversely, which leads me to believe I am benefiting from HRT, but just feel sluggish day to day.

Sorry to keep posting! Any tips and help welcome! x