Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Confused! Any help appreciated  (Read 730 times)

Sfifties

Confused! Any help appreciated
« on: October 29, 2021, 03:55:41 PM »

Need some advice, i am 48 ,no periods for around 9 months started having hot flushes , insomnia very low moods and irritability worse  than  pms which i suffered all my life , incontinence , complete loss of libido.
Still got a copper iud inserted .
my Gp has prescribed Evorel conti patches ,but the more i read about it and the more i get anxious about the side effects and the fact that I understand that the continuos hrt should only be used after no periods for12-18 months and i am not still there .
worried about taking the progesterone in evorelconti which seems to be the culprit for the side effects that most women have reported ( just couldn’t bear to have the pms effect all month now because of those patches)
After lots of reading and research this is what i think i should start with :
Orstrogen patch or gel and a micronised progesterone like  utragestan tablets or other form as this is a “natural” progesterone and should be tolerated better, can anybody tell me if this make sense or i am missing anything?
I do know that is maybe premature to worry about the evorel conti  patches but i would like to give myself the best start with hrt i have read how sobmany people have to change constantly hrt and suffer so many terrible side effect before getting the right treatment …
Any advice welcome
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Confused! Any help appreciated
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 04:28:27 PM »

Hi!   :welcomemm:

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.   

Hopefully someone will be along that uses HRT.  In the meantime, browse round. Make notes ;-)