Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Excessive bleeding and worried  (Read 814 times)

Jaylow

Excessive bleeding and worried
« on: January 13, 2021, 07:20:28 PM »

I posted recently about very painful periods (on days 1 and 2) that I’ve had for the last few months. I’m taking hrt, gel and utro. My most recent bleed lasted 8 days, although my periods have been getting longer recently so not too unusual. The day after my bleed ended was as normal, then the day after that I started bleeding again and every day after that (4 days so far) and am still bleeding now. Not too heavy I’d say it was light, more than spotting though. I have mild period cramps, nowhere near as bad as usual period but still something I shouldn’t be getting at this part of cycle.

I called gp surgery but no appts available after the moment. Part of me wants to call them again and push for an appt, the other part of me doesn’t really want to go there at the moment with Covid being so bad.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be happening?

jaypo

Re: Excessive bleeding and worried
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 08:54:09 PM »

Can't comment on the HRT sorry,have you had any scans or anything? I had excessive bleeding but had fibroids and it was down to that

Jaylow

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 09:02:58 PM »

Hi, not had any scans. I imagine I’ll be sent for one after seeing a gp.
Did you need treatment for the fibroids?

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 09:23:21 AM »

Yes,mine were big and causing flooding with big clots,so had a partial hysterectomy,which,for me,was the best thing ever but fibroids can come and go so unless they are causing severe disruption a dr may rule out a hysterectomy but best wait to see if you can get a scan,it may just be down to the HRT,try not worry too much,if you look round the threads you will see it's very common,glad you're getting it checked out