Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: So Why Was There a Shortage in HRT?  (Read 804 times)

Joesmum

So Why Was There a Shortage in HRT?
« on: January 14, 2021, 10:51:04 AM »

I apologise if this has already been explained.

BUT I’ve asked my GP, Gynae and various Pharmacists and they all give different reasons ranging from
“Can’t say”
“Don’t Know”
“Brexit”
“Difficulty with supplies”
“It’s the NHS”

But Europe didn’t seem to have this problem? Or did they?
Sorry to sound ignorant but what was the reason?

X
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:52:55 AM by Joesmum »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: So Why Was There a Shortage in HRT?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 12:32:14 PM »

Hi! I was led to believe that medication is offered to the NHS and if they won't pay, it is sold in mainland Europe. 

Fortunately this hasn't happened: yet : with the various vaccines being rolled out.  Usually Companies across the World take years to prepare and make safe medications, it's an expensive process so they need to sell to the highest bidder until the product comes off patent. 

The NHS has set protocols for various meds., dependant on how many patients it is likely to help.  Which is why those with children suffering seizures who have found canabis stops them, in the main, are in a difficulty situation: if they want to continue keeping their children free of fits then they have had to buy privately because although it is obviously helping those few children, the NHS won't spread it's funding ........ which to me is short sighted, as if the children are better then eventually it most cost the NHS less. 

The NHS however is a business.