Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Mouth ulcer  (Read 1644 times)

Booroo

Mouth ulcer
« on: January 10, 2021, 01:12:20 PM »

Save me from losing the plot please
I have a canker ulcer type thing on my cheek and it hasn’t totally gone away it seems to flare up more times of day when I’m stressed then goes down again.been few months and was annoying me not really sore just know it’s there and keep licking to check so Did online gp with photos she said could be Crohn’s my eldest has that and I have ibs I’m negative fir coeliac said could refer me or as I was going to dentist get him to check she wasn’t concerned it didn’t look anything. So been dentist for normal check up and he poked prodded and checked and couldn’t find anything he said yes to hormones anxiety ets which I tick all of the above didn’t need referrals but did say could ask pharmacist for equivalent of Zovirax. I was happy with that but health anxiety still saying why still there? I have burning tongue and dry mouth etc so is it all peri? Man you drive yourself nuts,does anyone else have this, thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mouth ulcer
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 02:50:39 PM »

Mouth ulcers respond to 'bonjela'.  If it doesn't clear or returns within 2 weeks, then it needs checking.  Your Dentist has done a good run around your mouth and gums, they are trained to look for oral cancers.

Get some 'bonjela' and apply 2-3 times a day.  Stop looking at Dr GOOGLE!

Booroo

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 03:55:39 PM »

So would you say I need referring then cos I’m using iglu and don’t do it regularly but it’s not going away at mo

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 04:05:47 PM »

Booroo,my daughter had dreadful canker sores and a year later was diagnosed with colitis,they go hand in hand,I'd be wary of the IBS diagnosis,I was told I had that nearly 30 years ago only to discover I had food allergies and intolerances,gut inflammation can also cause canker sores

Booroo

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 04:20:16 PM »

Thank you jaypo xxx got feeling you may be right especially as my eldest as crohns and I know crohns can also be just in the mouth xx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 04:36:14 PM »

Is your son under a Consultant, if so, get a referral to check symptoms?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 05:27:15 PM by CLKD »

Booroo

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 05:09:36 PM »

Clkd yes my son is under a consultant and yes good idea x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 05:27:02 PM »

I'm wincing ..........