Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estrogen patch allergies  (Read 1013 times)

ValerieG

Estrogen patch allergies
« on: January 14, 2021, 08:48:24 PM »

Hello,
I have a different post in new member section that goes through many of my issues, but I though I need a separate post in general section with the focus just on estrogen replacement.
Since I have got an IUD for lining protection I seem to need a higher estrogen level. I have tried Estrogel 2 pumps and it did not help my hot flashes, joins swelling, and sleep in addition of giving me adrenaline rashes and restless leg. Then I tried 75mcg twice a week patch generic by Mylan and it perfectly took care of all my symptoms, but on the second day gave me adrenaline rushes, restless leg, and eczema. I have tried using 2mg of Sandrena gel which did not have any bad side effects, but did not do much for my symptoms even-though it is double of the maximum dose. Where can I go from here? Try a higher dose of Sandrena, try different patches? Is it possible to be allergic to one patch and not to the other?
Please, help, this forum has such a vast knowledge!

Uptick

Re: Estrogen patch allergies
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 04:49:23 PM »

Hi ValerieG, so sorry you're having allergic symptoms. Are you in the US? Can you get hold of Vivelle dot (Estradot here)?

ValerieG

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 12:12:06 AM »

Mylon that I tried is a generic for Vivelle dot. Would the brand name be different?

ValerieG

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 02:13:40 PM »

People also seem to like Everel patches. Would you know what is the US alternative?
Also there is a Climara patch in US that you change once a week, is it any good?

Uptick

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 04:12:59 PM »

Hi ValerieG, I don't think Mylan's generic patch is as good as Vivelle dot. They're both estradiol patches but all the rest is different (matrix material, fillers, adhesive). Climara was one of the first patches developed in the US and Bayer is a huge company, but it doesn't mean anything really, you have to try them because everyone is different. There are useful reviews from users online though. They can give you a good idea of what to expect.