Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Awake the whole night on my first Tibolone pill  (Read 1742 times)

hereandthere

Awake the whole night on my first Tibolone pill
« on: December 10, 2020, 01:29:46 AM »

Hi everyone.
I'm just wondering if anyone else had very disturbed sleep their first night on Tibolone (Livifem in my case)?
I was on Evorel conti but gynae switched me as after blood tests he said my oestrogen levels are too high, suppressing my testosterone. I had complained of a slight increase in flushes and just slightly worse sleeping recently- actually it was pretty decent.
After taking it before bed tonight, I slept for a couple of hours and have now been up for 3 hours since then, feeling incredibly wired. Its only 3.30am in South Africa.
I know it's only the first night, but is this normal?!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 05:36:47 AM by hereandthere »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Awake the whole night on my first Tibolone pill
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 10:02:10 AM »

Morning.   Maybe your brain was waiting for something to happen so you woke.  Waiting.  I've done that in the past, going through every muscle group etc. to see if it feels 'normal'  ::)

How R U now?

Babspiglet

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 11:17:15 AM »

Hi Here and There.

I’ve just started taking Tibolone (Livial), about 8 days in. I’ve had a few problems getting to sleep as well and sometimes take half an over the counter sleeping pill. I think this sleep disruption may happen while it settles. I take my tablet at 1pm because I’ve read that if it does leave you feeling a bit wired, you’ll get the main effect of that during the afternoon and not during the night. You could try experimenting with when you take it. I’m still very new to
it, breaking myself in on half a tablet.

So far it’s been quite straightforward with few troublesome side effects. There are threads on this site where women, in particular Sooze, have previously detailed their experience with Tibolone which is very helpful for those of just starting on it now. x

hereandthere

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 04:13:44 PM »

Hi CLKD and Babspiglet

I could have subconsciously been waiting for the effect; I do believe that happens. ;)
I’m feeling tired right now (at 6pm here) which is to be expected after little sleep, as I had to work and fit in late lunch for my husband’s birthday, but otherwise I’m ok. I’m lying on my bed and feel a bit ‘buzzy’, including tinnitus, but I get that anyway from time to time. Otherwise I feel as usual.
Maybe I’ll try bringing the tablet forward to earlier in the evening as Babspiglet suggests.  I’m used to the soporific effect of the progesterone kicking in on my Previous HRT, which I rather liked, so rather than a specific time I took it just before sleep, and that was perfect. I’m going to miss that benefit if it’s gone.  :'( I will look up Sooze’s posts thanks.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 04:55:23 PM »

Tnx for the update.  Let us know how you get on?

Big meal for the Birthday Man later? 

hereandthere

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 05:53:53 AM »

Just to update now that I’m 9 days in, I moved my time earlier, but with my ADHD brain, battling to remember to take it then!  ;) I’m finally now putting an alarm on for it, realizing how silly I’m being as I write this.  Sooze’s comments were useful thanks.
I am managing to get to sleep, but far later and am sleeping for maybe an hour less. No sleeping tablets, which I tend to be wary of.
I will update again in a while as to whether this settles completely.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 09:40:13 AM »

Nowt is silly in the day-2-day organisation!  If it works for you - after all, being choosey in what we eat ain't silly.  ;)

hereandthere

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 06:09:18 AM »

Thanks CLKD. ::)
Problem I'm finding that I'm so bad, I tend to simply switch off my alarm while I'm working and carry on, not taking my tablet, until suddenly it's 10pm.
I must say so far I'm not sure what is the ideal time. So last night after the 10pm pill, I continued working until past midnight, then very exhausted I dropped to sleep quite quickly and slept for about 7 hours.
I do seem to have dropped one hour off my sleep at night.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 09:28:57 AM »

That's normal as we age.  Apparently  ::).   Grandma got by on 5 hours when she was in her 70s. 

hereandthere

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 04:22:41 AM »

I know to expect less sleep, but wasn't expecting to drop an hour as soon as I changed HRT prescriptions.
I've just reached month 2 and my new symptom is pain in my right wrist and now Achilles tendon pain.
I didn't think this was hormone related, but because the pain started in the wrist almost from day 2 and now the Achilles pain has gradually followed, I devoped some suspicion. There wasn't a change in my activity. When I googled I found the link below. So now I'm wondering if the drop in estrogen, changing from Femoston to Tibolone may have caused this?  Although on the other hand, to have the tendonitis occur so immediately after the prescription change seems unlikely too. https://www.treatmyachilles.com/post/how-the-menopause-can-cause-achilles-tendinopathy