Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Digestive issues  (Read 4331 times)

KarineT

Digestive issues
« on: January 05, 2021, 09:47:10 PM »

Hi everyone,

Does the menopause has the potential to cause digestive issues?  I've been feeling nauseous lately.

Thanks

Ksrine

Dotty

Re: Digestive issues
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 08:17:25 AM »

Yes, definitely. Nausea was one of my worst symptoms. X

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 08:50:22 AM »

Yes,for sure, I had nausea for weeks not that long ago,it could be reflux that's causing the nausea,so just keep a note of the foods you're eating and maybe you'll see a pattern,I had to stop coffee and now,too much sugar sets off the nausea.
Isn't meno fab ladies?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 08:54:07 AM »

Yes definitely. If you put nausea into the search box it will show any related posts. Of course nausea is also caused by anxiety so at this time of Covid worry it's like a double whammy.

Taz x

Itwillpass

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 09:02:58 AM »

Yes absolutely  :'( I’ve suffered for about 7 months now nausea, bloating, no appetite some days, rushing to the loo on waking. Anxiety is definitely a trigger too, I’m taking a probiotic & also aloe Vera capsules to see if they help. My gp said ibs becomes common in peri menopause

KarineT

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 09:55:15 AM »

For lately it's been every day.  But I don't think I'm peri anymore.  If I don't have a  period this month I would have reached the menopause.

KarineT

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 09:57:35 AM »

Well, I hope so because some ladies can get the period back.  Even after 12 months.

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 11:22:54 AM »

If periods return after twelve months then this needs investigating as it's considered abnormal. Hopefully yours wont return. My old GP (now retired sadly) always said it's great to hang on to your periods as long as possible. I thought she was being weird telling me that, as who wouldn't want to see the back of them, but now I know more about the role of oestrogen for the whole body I can understand what she meant.

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 11:24:43 AM »

You will be classed as post-menopause if you don't have a period this month. Have you had a look at the menu at the top of the screen for more information on menopause and treatments etc?

Taz x

Foxylady

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 07:00:01 PM »

Any other symptoms Karine T. As mentioned could be reflux, also if your getting pain with it could be gallbladder. I'm waiting on ultra sound for ?gallstones had a miserable few days of excrutiating pain (thankfully not constant, coming & going in waves). Hope you feel better soon. x