Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Just gone one year postmeno but oestradiol is 586pmol/l  (Read 735 times)

KarineT

Just gone one year postmeno but oestradiol is 586pmol/l
« on: February 01, 2021, 02:09:26 PM »

Hello,

I've just reached one year postmeno but the Dr, who was involved in the menopause blood test I took, told me that they would expect less than 120 pmol/l in postmeno.  So 586 pmol/l doesn't coincide with the 12 month without a period.  I am currently taking some food supplements and wondering if these could have affected the result.

If you were in a similar situation and your periods came back, I'd like to hear about your experience.

Thanks

Karine

Taz2

Re: Just gone one year postmeno but oestradiol is 586pmol/l
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 06:17:28 PM »

Did you already post this in a different thread? I'm sure I replied last week?  :-\

Taz x  :)

KarineT

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 06:37:57 PM »

Hi Taz2

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I did but I'm wondering if anyone else has had same experience as me.  I'm really hoping that, now that I'm 'postmenopausal' my periods won't come back but I fear that they will and therefore this will still make me menopausal. I might seem impatient but I want this to linger for years

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 07:03:15 PM »

Ah ok. Are you trying to find out how many members have had their periods return after a year without? Are you concerned at the thought of investigations if that does happen?

We are all individuals of course and I think we can drive ourselves to despair trying to second-guess our menopause journeys. Mine started with missing periods and hot flushes at 51. By 53 I was on HRT so I have no idea when mine would have finished. Do you know what your FSH level is?

Taz x

KarineT

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 07:24:58 PM »

Thanks Taz2 for your kind reply.

I am concerned that, if there's a bleed after all this time without one, there could be something wrong.  Also, I'm worried that if it turns out that I'm still menopausal, it's going to last forever and that more symptoms may appear or the ones I've got might worsen. This would mean that I'm not out of the woods yet.  I wish things could be simpler than that.  I don't get too many hot flushes but horrible cold chills instead and of course I often feel like something has died inside me.  This is accompanied by low mood and anxiety.  It makes us wonder how long this nonsense is going to go on for.

Sorry as I'm ranting a bit here.  My FSH was about 70 last Monday when I did the blood test.